[ Sat 23rd Oct ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Oct ] v Biggleswade Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham’s report
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The performance today wasn't bad. If you'd seen that game in isolation and not seen us play prior to now, I don't think you'd have been too downbeat. We were the better side even at 11 V 11. Furlong was excellent and clear MOM for me. It was also great to see Ben Diamond back up front and looking much more comfortable - hopefully playing him out wide will be consigned to history. I have to say the substitutions were head-scratchers and bringing Furlong off was a real WTF moment.

Whilst today was an improvement on recent showings, I viewed today as a bit of a must-win given what's gone before. The points return over the last fortnight is a massive problem because we've got a really tough run of games coming up now. With teams below us now starting to pick up points at last like Stourbridge and Nuneaton, we are in the mud, make no mistake. People are voting with their feet I think that's become clear.

Not sure I agree with some of the comments about Shamsi. I didn't think his body language looked great today but I don't think we could accuse him of playing as though he doesn't want to be here. Having said that we were lead to believe that he joined us because of Claudio Dias, so if that's the case we may have seen the last of Ravi.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

is it only me,but i honestly havent seen much from him(ravi), loses the ball too many times,and many of his passes were intercepted, especially in yesterdays game,didnt track back when he lost it ,then sulked about it,,,sorry not for me ,i like fighters.i also didnt undrstand the subs,i was miffed last tuesday,when he took conner off,but even more so yesterday, warbs and conner were our stand out players, and our only avenue of getting in the box.When we had decent/strong/been there done that players,,,peaksey never really had to make any decisions because he new the plyers would get him out of trouble,in my eyes a lucky manager!!!,,but now the team is,for a better word weekish/and young,,,they need the support and guidance from above(managment not God :biggrin: )which is blatently lacking,,all i hear is peakseys assistant shouting at them :shock:
id just like to say,,the subs worked a treat..NOT...REVERTED STRAIGHT BACK TO ,AS TREK WOULD SAY "HOFF BALL" :lazy: :lazy: :lazy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Oct ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by rossco »

In the interview with Jon Dunham, Peaks said we reverted to long ball too quick after the subs. So why didn’t he tell them not to?! He’s in charge!!
Or, not take off our most dangerous player so we wouldn’t have to go long ball
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Bizarrely, the one point took us up to 13th in the league table, and had we won we would have went 11th!!!
For me AP does some odd stuff but he's a club man through and through so I think re-assess after Christmas. I don't want to wait until we're 3 from the bottom with only 10 games left, but if we're signing players for gawds sake put them on the pitch.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The most encouraging point in Peaks interview was that Lorrell Smith should be back soon.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 306 times
Been Liked: 23 times

Post by Ricky330 »

We really need to be asking much more probing questions in these interviews.
Why are we still playing a system that hasn't worked all season?
What are we doing to make it work?
What are we doing to address the lack of goals?
Is it a concern that our 2 main front men Tom & Will haven't scored in the league?
Wheres Joel? Why was he dropped considering he was 1 of our best performing players?
Etc!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:26 am We really need to be asking much more probing questions in these interviews.
Why are we still playing a system that hasn't worked all season?
What are we doing to make it work?
What are we doing to address the lack of goals?
Is it a concern that our 2 main front men Tom & Will haven't scored in the league?
Wheres Joel? Why was he dropped considering he was 1 of our best performing players?
Etc!
I asked the same question, a couple of games ago. Joel must be wondering what the hell he’s done to get dropped from the team!

The interviews are too nice, that’s the problem.

The board really need to take stock of the situation. Are we getting the results we want? No. Is the performance of the team good enough? No. Would a management team with two points from a possible 12 still be around at another club? I very much doubt so.

This is the first time the club has been in this situation, it’s no good the board all being mates with Peaks, they need to look at the bigger picture.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

This isn’t the first time the club has been in this situation there were times when people were calling for Peaksys head in the past. As I was on the board at the time we made it clear to the manager he had our support and we believed he would turn it around, he did.

No one is saying things don’t need to change do I want one point from 12, of course not, but why the rush, surely having provided us with 3 promotions he deserves the chance to turn it around and if over the next few weeks he doesn’t then at least we tried and it gives a new person over half as season to show everyone what can be achieved with the resources we have available.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Would a management team with two points from a possible 12 still be around at another club? I very much doubt so.

Well yes, Daniel Farke is still going at Norwich
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32