I fail to understand...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Downsie53

Re: I fail to understand...

Post by Downsie53 »

Look, I for one minute did not suggest supporting KTFC @ Nene Park.
I simply stated that a little while ago, when a merger was first muted, it was the only concievable option - a fact that is still true IMO.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Downsie53 wrote:Look, I for one minute did not suggest supporting KTFC @ Nene Park.
I simply stated that a little while ago, when a merger was first muted, it was the only concievable option - a fact that is still true IMO.
I think you'll find a merger totally out of the question now. First, it would mean that the crippling R & DFC debt would be carried on to the new club, and second we'd have to start in a lower league if we could show a committment to support the club financially for a whole season with that debt still in place.
AFC R & D member number 34
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

couldnt a merger take K*ttering's place then R&D wouldnt need to be 'found a space'..
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

No. The rules are clear, when you merge you take the lowest club's place in the pyramid.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

Sara Pascoe wrote:No. The rules are clear, when you merge you take the lowest club's place in the pyramid.
okay but only 1 team is in the pyramid currently..
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

We're still in the pyramid in the Southern League as it stands.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

Sara Pascoe wrote:We're still in the pyramid in the Southern League as it stands.
i honestly didnt know where we were because of the rumours.. zamaretto, bsp, ucl etc
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Sara Pascoe wrote:We're still in the pyramid in the Southern League as it stands.
Not yet we're not. We will be if we can convince them we can see out the season at that level before their AGM on Saturday. At the moment we are in footballing purgatory.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote:
Not yet we're not. We will be if we can convince them we can see out the season at that level before their AGM on Saturday. At the moment we are in footballing purgatory.
Judging by KC's comments in the ET today, we haven't even applied for that league - "“I don’t own the football club so it’s not up to me to make any application for Southern League membership or anything else.
"
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Formic wrote:
davealbon wrote:
Judging by KC's comments in the ET today, we haven't even applied for that league - "“I don’t own the football club so it’s not up to me to make any application for Southern League membership or anything else.
"
In fairness to him, he's right !! Its like Ben Pickering filling in the appropriate forms for the scum isn't it?? The two clowns that are supposed to be running our football club should be doing that, but the two incompetents (being kind there !!) are no-where to be seen !! Maybe they should take an NVQ in running a business eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51