AFC RDFC ++++Please Read!!!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: AFC RDFC ++++Please Read!!!!

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Well, it's a good job we can debate it without it reverting to abuse for a change eh ? :lol:
To me it's just a new start, a chance to break away from the problems of the past. Rushden & Diamonds is now associated with failure. Now try to sing "we love Rushden & Diamonds (2012)" :lol: , it just doesn't happen for me ;)
IMO we're starting with what was left, and need to appeal to the greater audience as such. The fans left us in the last guise, so I have no reason to believe they'll be back under that banner. They MIGHT be tempted with something new (as they did with Max) and more impartial / unrelated to one place.
Just my opinion of course.
AFC R & D member number 34
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Well, it's a good job we can debate it without it reverting to abuse for a change eh ? :lol:
To me it's just a new start, a chance to break away from the problems of the past. Rushden & Diamonds is now associated with failure. Now try to sing "we love Rushden & Diamonds (2012)" :lol: , it just doesn't happen for me ;)
IMO we're starting with what was left, and need to appeal to the greater audience as such. The fans left us in the last guise, so I have no reason to believe they'll be back under that banner. They MIGHT be tempted with something new (as they did with Max) and more impartial / unrelated to one place.
Just my opinion of course.
I actually think if done the right way, AFC Rushden & Diamonds will have far greater appeal since it is clear that we're trying to bounce back from adversity, which would draw parallels with other phoenix clubs. Otherwise a radical change or name implies that it's not a phoenix club.

Anyway it's not up to just us on here, but the wider fanbase as well and we need to get other things sorted first.
Three of Diamonds

Fair points there Maddog. Perhaps when the new group put out the leaflets a returnable poll could be a part of it, to see what the locals would go with? To gauge public opinion if you like.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Fair points there Maddog. Perhaps when the new group put out the leaflets a returnable poll could be a part of it, to see what the locals would go with? To gauge public opinion if you like.
I don't think that would be right because it would confuse people as to what we're trying to achieve. We need to meet up first. If I remember correctly, the Chester fans left what to call their phoenix club until last after sorting everything else out.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Does anyone want to make a new banner for this site, referring to the new team? Including the saverdfc web address and anything else relevant?

Currently I don't know how to put the banners up but i'm sure we'll work something out if somebody wanted to create something.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

BartonRaz wrote:Can tech_head or AndyKirkup or anyone else from the SaveRDFC team please clarify if we have any chance whatsoever of being in the UCL next season?
We are too late yes but we may have one option for the current season and then look to apply next year for the UCl or Sl etc
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

davealbon wrote:Fantastic work with the badge, Matt.

What's the latin for "No Beasants allowed" or "P*** T**** is a f**king c**t and I hope he catches AIDS"?
For you Dave:

Non licet Beasants

Lorem ipsum sit amet concipiat **** et Paulus opto AIDS
Three of Diamonds

tech_head wrote: We are too late yes but we may have one option for the current season and then look to apply next year for the UCl or Sl etc
Interesting, what's the "option" for the current season?
tech_head

Post by tech_head »

Northants Combination League or similar. Working on a few things this week and will propose all the options when we all meet for the first meeting.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 183
Three of Diamonds

Fantastic, keep at it fella 8-)