[ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Apr ] v Bourne Town, KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Our best performance against one of the 'lesser' sides in the division for ages, we were convincing in victory but far play to Bourne. I rarely praise the opposition (because most are awful) but they should be commended for coming with some attacking intent.

One thing though. I'm getting frustrated seeing King on the bench again when he's quite clearly one of our best players. I think Brad Harris is a good player, good at what he does and vital in the big games, but I don't know what he brings to the team in a game like that, or more to the point I don't know why he is picked ahead of King when we're in the hunt for goals. What do others think?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

A convincing performance by the lads today, they put in a good shift in bad condition, credit for that.

I liked that Bourne didn't just put 10 men behind the ball, they came out well and got a few goals, and they had a attacking thread which caused us problems.

Spoke to Parky after the game, he took a slight knock but should be okay, massive credit to Sean for dropping back into right back, he had a solid game there. I really like our team at the moment, Tom Cross had a good 2nd game, his kicking is immense! We have a very dynamic midfield in the form of Sean, Brad and Aaron, and in situations like today, we needed Brad, he does a lot of unconscious running and his off the ball work is superb, a lot like Sean, and most of the time you don't recognize the amount he actually does until you see it. Without Brad today, we would have been a lot worse off, and King provides the creativity we need.

I thought Alfie had a good game, his first goal was a beauty, and for the first time in a few games, he had a great game.

Overall, happy with the performance, Oadby and Eynesbury drawing 2-2, it's still in our hands.

COYD
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

You've got a PM BartonRaz
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Mal's pics are added to the Match Report - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... rne-town-2
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote:Well that make it interesting. If Oadby win their two games in hand then, all three of us will be on the same points!!
Easier said than done. Apparently Oadby ran out of steam in the last 20 minutes this afternoon after their exertions in a gruelling match at Spencer a couple of days ago.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

AdamSRJFC wrote:I liked that Bourne didn't just put 10 men behind the ball, they came out well and got a few goals, and they had a attacking thread which caused us problems.
I said the same at the match, they tried to play attacking football which we coped with on most occasions. The whole team played well, I think the management have made it clear that it is a team that wins. Jake and Alfie combined well, both on the scoresheet, Brad and Matt worked worked hard, Aarron did a great job with going forward and the defending was good apart from their opening goal.
Well worth 5 goals, not worth a penalty against, worth 3 points.

A good all round team performance.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:Mal's pics are added to the Match Report - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... rne-town-2
I love the shot of Alfie kicking the ref in the head! Fair play to him, he didn't roll around on the floor crying about it. :lol:

AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

AdamSRJFC wrote:
Overall, happy with the performance, Oadby and Eynesbury drawing 2-2, it's still in our hands.

COYD
Mathematically yes, but realistically not really, well not yet anyway. Sileby have got teams like Thrapston and BPW to play so I can see them increasing their GD to at least +70 by the end of the season, so we'd need to go to Raunds and win 10-0 and probably put 4 or 5 past Potton and Whitworths really to stand any chance of overtaking them in GD. Alright its not impossible, but still very unlikely us overturning that difference with 5 games to go.

Though I'm keeping my fingers crossed someone slips up once more, as all it takes is just one surprise result in one of Oadby and Sileby's 12 games and its ours for the taking, I fancy Spencer to nick something off Sileby again next week and Oadby to possibly slip up against Harrowby a week on Monday as they'll be tired.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I thought the ref had a good game, it was a clear penalty and I could tell that from the other end!

We need one draw to occur in twelve matches, it's still very possible. Come on, believe!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Our best performance against one of the 'lesser' sides in the division for ages, we were convincing in victory but far play to Bourne. I rarely praise the opposition (because most are awful) but they should be commended for coming with some attacking intent.

One thing though. I'm getting frustrated seeing King on the bench again when he's quite clearly one of our best players. I think Brad Harris is a good player, good at what he does and vital in the big games, but I don't know what he brings to the team in a game like that, or more to the point I don't know why he is picked ahead of King when we're in the hunt for goals. What do others think?
I think King should be ahead of Harris, who had another average game yesterday. My thinking is that maybe Starms is resting him ahead of the four games in ten days starting next Sat with the big one against Eynesbury coming up.