Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Biggles »

The winding up order appeal is about more than just paying the money, it it was they would pay it today and not be in court on Monday.

The Court hearing would still go ahead even if they have payed the money as only a judge can dismiss/confirm the case and close the matter on the court hearing date.

Since they seem to have raised the cash then monday should be a formality of having the winding up recinded, however Kettrin seem to have many skeletons in the cupboards and who knows if someone else throws a spanner in the works on the day.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote:The winding up order appeal is about more than just paying the money, it it was they would pay it today and not be in court on Monday.

The Court hearing would still go ahead even if they have payed the money as only a judge can dismiss/confirm the case and close the matter on the court hearing date.

Since they seem to have raised the cash then monday should be a formality of having the winding up recinded, however Kettrin seem to have many skeletons in the cupboards and who knows if someone else throws a spanner in the works on the day.
In keeping with most of the past 5 years, our Dear friends on Ploppynet appear to have little or no idea what is, or is likely to happen. Well i`m covered as booked Monday night in a nice Surrey Hotel and Tuesday playing one of the best inland Golf Courses in the South of England, by way of a small celebration should BPW not have a Reserve team by 5pm on Monday. If it did go well for them :o then the golf, food and fine wine will i`m sure stop me from giving so much as a passing thought to the next 143 of insignificant existence of The County Cuckoo`s.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It looks like Hinckley United will be liquidated on Monday even if the Poppies limp on - http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news-in-hi ... -33910378/

Update (Monday) - Hinckley are wound up - http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hinckleyu ... 62590.html
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The hearing is at 2.00pm today.

Mixed feelings on this one. They are our rivals and it is always good to see them suffer but on the other hand why wish what we endured on others.

KC is entitled to his money as they reneged on a contract but then it is KC, the man who killed R & D.

I have felt all along their best course of action was to take the AFC route, had they done that a couple of years ago they would probably be as successful as we are now.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Hinckley were wound up earlier.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Jon Dunham is suggesting that, to his knowledge, their survival is 50/50.

Given the fundraising, I can't help but feel that all this knife-edge talk is a bit of a fraud to maintain general interest and sympathy, and that they are nearer 90% certain to be fine come 2pm.

Hard working maybe, but RJ has hardly covered himself in glory by keeping so much so quiet from their remaining fans if that was always the case.
Member Number: 21
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Everyweeker wrote:Jon Dunham is suggesting that, to his knowledge, their survival is 50/50.

Given the fundraising, I can't help but feel that all this knife-edge talk is a bit of a fraud to maintain general interest and sympathy, and that they are nearer 90% certain to be fine come 2pm.

Hard working maybe, but RJ has hardly covered himself in glory by keeping so much so quiet from their remaining fans if that was always the case.
I agree, they've got the money so they can just pay and they'll be safe, RJ can hail it as a massive victory. Whatever happens he won't have to answer the difficult questions. This is being over-hyped IMO.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by Brownie »

Wonder how many man hours of research & investigative journalism John Durham put into coming up with the startling prediction of 50/50 :o or was it all done with the aid of a quick toss :?: sorry missed the coin out.
Sadly I think all will be ok for them but I have my fingers crossed. As I've previously said my total hatred for them goes way back beyond R&D but then catching coke bottles filled with gravel to stop them hitting a 6 year old Sam didn't help when visiting Rockinghorse Rd.
If they survive I do trust he who will not be mentioned will go back for more. At which point they may finally come to the conclusion that winding up dropping down & re starting ain't such a daft idea.
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

They are safe, order rescinded.
They have 28 days to pay KC what ever the amount is.
Not sure if that is the last they will hear from KC though.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

KC wins. :(

Jeune said: “Without going into too much detail, we have made an agreement with Rushden & Diamonds (2008) Ltd, which is more than we originally expected.