Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Pigman »

So, the fools that parted with their cash to contribute to the Justgiving campaign now effectively see their money spent on bolstering their squad - if they had the money for this, they had the money to pay their debts but went cap in hand to the ill informed general public with a sob story !!

I guess I'm in a minority, I didn't want to see them go bust, but this is an insult to all the people that pledged money to save them - the day after they're saved, they start flashing the cash on players !!

I'm sure they'll say its costing them nothing :roll:

Jake's days numbered now????
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

#Newmanwatch stops at 860 minutes. Well done to him. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

Pigman wrote:So, the fools that parted with their cash to contribute to the Justgiving campaign now effectively see their money spent on bolstering their squad - if they had the money for this, they had the money to pay their debts but went cap in hand to the ill informed general public with a sob story !!

I guess I'm in a minority, I didn't want to see them go bust, but this is an insult to all the people that pledged money to save them - the day after they're saved, they start flashing the cash on players !!

I'm sure they'll say its costing them nothing :roll:

Jake's days numbered now????
Sure the argument will be, getting bigger gates than expected or had budgeted for so they have a surplus :roll: but in the world of honest decent people should every last penny they could muster not have gone towards saving the Club they all love so much, even using predicted gate revenue for the rest of the season with Board members / supporters giving loans until said money comes in. Then go to the general public / generous world that is non league football fans for any shortfall. No not them get as much as you can of Joe public with your sob story and use any surplus as a nest egg, well for 24 hours anyway then start spending it on players. Hope all those creditors who are awaiting money re the CVA are keeping a close watch on events. Still this is K*ttering so as one closet door shuts it will not be long till another opens revealing one more skeleton i`m sure :oops: . F in fed up talking about the shower of s it, and sure we would struggle to dislike any other club like we do them so possibly best in the long run they are still about, can`t believe I just wrote that last bit :lol:
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Only 98 (!) there to see them last night - clearly the hoards of Ploppies couldn't be bothered to make the trip to Sutton Coldfield, despite seeing the club saved the day before.

It's only an 1 hr away for gods sake - I do practically the same journey on a regular basis for Diamonds home games!

Apparently it was the lowest first team gate Plops have ever played in front of!

Clearly so proud of Plops history that they couldn't be bothered to travel for a crucial Trophy replay.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 63 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

So we are "Bitter and twisted" and "Obsessive" according to Poppynet. Overall I think we have been sympathetic to their cause regarding KC as we too were shafted by him.

As to their moving to Nene Park that was a disaster set up by Ladak that everyone but him could see coming and ultimately led to their dreadful period over the last two years.

But with the wonderful new dawn that is rising over Latimer Park and the absence of any skeletons in the cupboard we can look forward to playing them next season.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

So we are "Bitter and twisted" and "Obsessive" according to Poppynet

Got to chuckle at that given when the old RDFC was about who was 'bitter and twisted' and obsessive, the same muppets who post the drivel on ploppynet and the new drivel site ploppy forum.

They have no shame about screwing over fellow football fans claiming poverty with the begging bowl out whilst they had sufficient funds to pay KC off.

Amazing how they are offering contacts about when they were broke just a day or so ago.

Maybe someone should tweet to those clowns on twitter that set up the save Kettrin they were most likely conned big time.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Really? We have no class?, shall I dig up all the classless comments from them when we folded, unbelievable.

As brownie said it's hard to forget the bricks or cans filled with gravel tossed over the wall at their place year after year, but they can conveniently forget that on their high horse.

I'm not so bothered with them now either, now that they aren't in our old home, the only connection is Jake as an ex player but I think we all know why he was signed.

I take great pride in the fact that we are only one division away and will play them again soon, something we have achieved with our own hard work, perhaps there will be some rivalry again then.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

Perhaps I might be in the minority with this comment but I do think it might be time to call time on this thread.

Having a forum-forum slagging match doesn't make anyone look any good and now that their involvement with you know who is ostensibly over, so is their last connection with NP. Back on page 1, Desperate Measures was about the dropping of ticket prices for the visit of Tamworth to Nene Park in the Conference. Both us and K*ttering have been on a long journey since that post was made!

My advice: if you want to criticise what KTFC are up to, or what they have done in the past, then go and do it on the members' forum where it won't be seen by "others" and hence construed as bitter, twisted or vitriolic.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AndyKirkup wrote:Perhaps I might be in the minority with this comment but I do think it might be time to call time on this thread.

Having a forum-forum slagging match doesn't make anyone look any good and now that their involvement with you know who is ostensibly over, so is their last connection with NP. Back on page 1, Desperate Measures was about the dropping of ticket prices for the visit of Tamworth to Nene Park in the Conference. Both us and K*ttering have been on a long journey since that post was made!

My advice: if you want to criticise what KTFC are up to, or what they have done in the past, then go and do it on the members' forum where it won't be seen by "others" and hence construed as bitter, twisted or vitriolic.
Can't argue with your point AK but all that will happen is that we'll have KTFC threads popping up left right and centre. At least with this thread it's all in one place, because people inevitably will want to talk about them.

Hasn't been much activity on on the members' forum for a while.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

disagree - I'm not a member so don't have access to the members forum but still enjoy watching the death throes of KTFC. I think we should just let this thread run and run at least until they are finally dead and buried.