New Kit announced

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

New Kit announced

Post by Mad Dog »

Reminds me of the Tesco bag kit. Going to be used in at least one playoff game. Also intended to be next season's away kit:

http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/NewsD ... 70,00.html
wewantourdarbyback

Re: New Kit announced

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

At least one person on here won't be happy at the loss of the yellow kit.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:At least one person on here won't be happy at the loss of the yellow kit.
+1. I'm not sure i see the point in having an away shirt that is almost the same as the home shirt. I don't personally like it, though think i've said that about the last few! Probably end up buying it to!
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

So no Yellow kit for next season?????

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

What an awful kit! the shade of blue is compelety different to the home kit! And i love the yellow! Yellow army and all that! I WILL NOT be buying that in a mother of sundays
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Errgh that is shit! Since when have sky blue ever been our colours :o ?

Reminds me a bit of Peterborough's away kit this season http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/ ... 26,00.html
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Diamond_ Wolf wrote:Reminds me a bit of Peterborough's away kit this season http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/ ... 26,00.html
and look how they got on this season... :lol:

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

StuartRDFC wrote:So no Yellow kit for next season?????
Seeing as though this kit sort of clashes with our home kit, we'll probably end up using the yellow one as a third kit. It is a little weird being sky blue but I like it for some reason, plus I like having a new kit for the playoffs :)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Hooray! Finally something to moan about after an almost perfect season, and a reason for a big argument at the fans' forum on Friday! ;)

IT'S HIDEOUS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
If that is the away shirt, I wonder if we are changing our home colours again next season. I've just re-read the article on the OWS and it definitely doesn't say anything about the home shirt changing, but the new away kit is far too similar to the current home kit to be an adequate alternative when we play a team in white.

I already have premonitions of a repeat of the Stevenage scenario from the 97/98 season (I think), when their home and away kits were predominantly white with a few red or blue patches. They started in their away shirts, changed to our all blue away shirts mid way through the first half, came out at half time in their home shirts and then had to put our away shirt back on again! :lol:

The only other possibility I can think of, is that we'll keep the yellow kit as a third strip, wear the ghastly new shirt for the majority of away games, and then wear the yellow third kit when we play teams with a white home shirt.

Right, I'm off to vomit after looking at that truely disgusting piece fo attire for too long! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

davealbon wrote:Hooray! Finally something to moan about after an almost perfect season, and a reason for a big argument at the fans' forum on Friday! ;)

IT'S HIDEOUS!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
If that is the away shirt, I wonder if we are changing our home colours again next season. I've just re-read the article on the OWS and it definitely doesn't say anything about the home shirt changing, but the new away kit is far too similar to the current home kit to be an adequate alternative when we play a team in white.

I already have premonitions of a repeat of the Stevenage scenario from the 97/98 season (I think), when their home and away kits were predominantly white with a few red or blue patches. They started in their away shirts, changed to our all blue away shirts mid way through the first half, came out at half time in their home shirts and then had to put our away shirt back on again! :lol:

The only other possibility I can think of, is that we'll keep the yellow kit as a third strip, wear the ghastly new shirt for the majority of away games, and then wear the yellow third kit when we play teams with a white home shirt.

Right, I'm off to vomit after looking at that truely disgusting piece fo attire for too long! :lol:
Top post. Makes the fans forum worth going too now!