Will we see him back again??

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Will we see him back again??

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

jimbobjaw wrote:
Dukes wrote:We have already got a talented but lazy mid-fielder, who doesn't tackle, nor challenge for headers or track back for the team - but yes he can pass the ball - so why would we want another passenger like Burgess back..?
Who are you refering to?
Id guess at Wolly? Although I think you're being a tad harsh...
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:
Dukes wrote:We have already got a talented but lazy mid-fielder, who doesn't tackle, nor challenge for headers or track back for the team - but yes he can pass the ball - so why would we want another passenger like Burgess back..?
Who are you refering to?
Id guess at Wolly? Although I think you're being a tad harsh...
Agree with both of that!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I thought he meant Tommo?

Either way, I don't agree at all.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Harry

Post by Harry »

I was confused to who me meant too.

Presumed it must be a centre mid, so thought Terry? Don't agree at all, but out of our three main CMs, I'd guess him..
Diamond down South.
wynocki

Post by wynocki »

If he can fit in with the wage restrictions then i'd like to see him back. With JEMS work ethic and the hindsight that he wish he'd never left, he could put in a good shift for a promotion push. He'd be as good if not better than anyone else we could bring in for same kind of wages, and when playing with confidence, chips in with his share of goals.

We're a different football club than when he left too, so would be coming back in to a positive environment. I've always thought Burge was a victim of our dizzy heights in the league. He'd been a part of the glory days and lost his way as we all came thudding back down to earth.

With our new confidence and ethos, it might just re-ignite some of that passion again.

But could it be viewed as a step backwards for us? i don't think so, i honestly feel we have moved on a club and on that basis we should employ the best value for money players to get us back in the league. I think burge can play a part in that.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

wynocki wrote:If he can fit in with the wage restrictions then i'd like to see him back. With JEMS work ethic and the hindsight that he wish he'd never left, he could put in a good shift for a promotion push. He'd be as good if not better than anyone else we could bring in for same kind of wages, and when playing with confidence, chips in with his share of goals.

We're a different football club than when he left too, so would be coming back in to a positive environment. I've always thought Burge was a victim of our dizzy heights in the league. He'd been a part of the glory days and lost his way as we all came thudding back down to earth.

With our new confidence and ethos, it might just re-ignite some of that passion again.

But could it be viewed as a step backwards for us? i don't think so, i honestly feel we have moved on a club and on that basis we should employ the best value for money players to get us back in the league. I think burge can play a part in that.
I actually agree with that. I would love to see him back at Rushden, not just because he was one of my favourite players, but because obviously he holds the club very high regard.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

:shock: No offence to anyone, but I can't quite see why this thread has made three pages. Burge is in the past, he enjoyed his time at Nene Park, but now has a new life in Liverpool and will set his stall out there. I can't imagine that travelling to Rushden from there is in his mind at all, given that he thought the distance to Mansfield was too much for him!
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Does anyone know why he moved to Liverpool
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

I would welcome him back hes a good player for this league
diamonds82

Post by diamonds82 »

I would love to see Andy Burgess back. I think he's a great player.