Match thread, sponsored by not being able to sleep

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mattreddan

Re: Match thread, sponsored by not being able to sleep

Post by mattreddan »

Well next season if we keep up those performances, same frame of mind we've had for the last 5 months.... and I see no reason why we can't win this league next year..
Harry

Post by Harry »

mattreddan wrote:Well next season if we keep up those performances, same frame of mind we've had for the last 5 months.... and I see no reason why we can't win this league next year..
Last time we lost in the play-offs we were champions the season after.

Good sign?

Or clutching at straws?
Diamond down South.
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Good sign I think.

I really hope JEMS have signed for next year.
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

well done boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good season all round automatic promotion next season
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Poxford fans trying to intimidate our fans while the players tried to show their appreciation.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

some poxford fans are clapping our fans
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"
Harry

Post by Harry »

arealdiamondgeezer wrote:some poxford fans are clapping our fans
As they should be...

They've just made it to the final, they should be over the moon, so I'd see no reason for them to show anger towards our fans.

Just give an 'unlucky' clap to our fans then get on with their own celebrations.
Diamond down South.
GeneralStanhope

Post by GeneralStanhope »

Just got back and in such a bad mood. This season has been fantastic without a doubt, but I can't help feeling we didn't give the best we had today and are missing out on a trip to Wembley because of it. Louis starting was a mistake because he simply cannot play football and i'm gutted to say only a couple of our players looked like they wanted it today. The goals given away were cheap and though we weren't helped by some more poor officials we failed to create a clear cut chance all game. It might just be the fact I hate losing, but I just think we could have done better and that's what has upset me the most :(
You're not number 1...
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

we could still be playing there now and not have scored.
didn't look threatening all match. oxford were hardly better.
10,000 home fans and i heard a yellows once , then the goals came and they woke up.
our fans were brillaint. really got behind JEMS and the team.
i feel a bit gutted we didn't play better, lineman in front of us was p!ss poor.
come on you whites, see you next season.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Disappointing Game, we could have played much better, both the goals were really poor to concede, but i can't fault the effort from the team, they were just not at it second half that's all.....Louis was very poor imo, he held the ball well but then held it too long instead of laying it off, faz could have passed wide on a couple of freekicks which probably would have produced a better chance...The Fans were fantastic, the teams been fantastic all season. If we can keep things relatively similar, send back cliff and Louis, sign Byrne and bring in a striker we will be a good side again next year. Roll on Next Season! Up the diamonds!!!