Well there you go

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Well there you go

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

It's been fantastic. I refuse to feel down about this season, the lads and JEMS have been magnificent. It's all been beyond even my wildest dreams. I know the likes of Rob and Harry will be miserable tonight but just remember the start of the season. Remember wondering who the players we were bringing in actually were.

It's been amazing.

Thank You so much and here we go for next season, I didn't wanna go up this season anyway :P
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Harry

Re: Well there you go

Post by Harry »

I'm not feeling miserable.

Disappointed the season has come to an end in this way, but on the whole, what a ride. Great effort by everyone involved but obviously it wasn't to be and the play-off final was maybe one step too far for our small, low budgeted side.

I hope to God we keep the majority of our team for next season. Ship out J Lo and Cliff (although I guess you can't really 'ship out' loaned players!), find a goalscorer if possible, although I appreciate that is hard on our budget, maybe bring in another centre back for cover and I will be very, very confident for next season.
I think it's inevitable that we'll lose at least one big name though.

Oh, and now I'll be able to get cracking with an essay on the 16th. :lol:
Last edited by Harry on Mon May 03, 2010 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond down South.
ID

Post by ID »

Roll an August.

What an achievement this season has been.

Now to start revising :( ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
Harry

Post by Harry »

Oh, and let's all laugh at Luton! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Diamond down South.
SpudRDFC

Post by SpudRDFC »

I can't say im not disappointed. To come so far and to end it like that is gutting. But don't get me wrong, I admire the work put in by every single person at this club this season, and although it might not seem like theyre always giving 100%, you can't help but appreciate the effort they've put in this season, getting us to where we are, and on one of the smallest budgets in the league (4th lowest wage bill i read in the paper :shock: )

So here's to next year, and in interesting prospect. Im sure they'll be lots rumours and headlines to keep us occupied until August. I just hope we can be there or there abouts again next season, because, lets face it, this has been one of the best seasons in years no?!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I tried not to cry and failed. As soon as I get home I'm watching the K*ttering game to cheer me up and I'll have to start ****ing revision. I'm trying to remember the good things but right now I feel terrible. I hope York go up, they've done their time. Akurang and Louis can now f*** off. I hope to God we can keep Byrne and Porter (MOTM) and... I dunno. *cries*
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Wonderful season, absolutely beyond the wildest expectations and hopes of all involved with RDFC and those supporting them.

Roll on 2010-11, while today is a disappointment, it is merely a stepping stone on our way to reclaiming the championship title.

Keep the faith.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Obviously gutted and it was very tough watching the Poxford's fans celebrations at the end but on a positive note, the away end was just fantastic! Amazing to see so many diamonds there and it was great to see so many people singing as well. Just hope its not too long til we're involved in another big away game that has so many away fans!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
diamondem

Post by diamondem »

I to echo the sentiments on this thread. Thanks to all the lads, Justin and Michael.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Must admit I had a little cry aswell. Was last out of the ground and just so gutted as I really thought we could get to Wembley.

Not too disappointed though. Been a fantastic season with plenty of highs, lows and goals against the scum. Cheers Keith Cousins, JEMS, the players, the volunteers, the backroom staff and most importantly us fans for passionately following our team home and away.