Well done to Oxford

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ron manager

Well done to Oxford

Post by ron manager »

Right, lets show Luton twats how to be real fans, and I have to say well done Oxford, you where the better side today, and we was just lacking. Enjoy Wembley, but I will be routing for York, nothing personal, just prefer them ;.

Good luck, from REAL fans.
CountHermanDeBanker

Re: Well done to Oxford

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Yep, echo those sentiments, well done Oxford and York.

Make it a final for the BSP to be proud of, good football, entertainment, and most importantly, well behaved fans who SUPPORT their team and don't SHOW IT UP WITH THEIR STUPIDITY.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Got a sympathetic text of my York supporting mate, wanted both of us to get a day at Wembley.

Congrats to Oxford and York, only right that Luton will not get a chance to show the Conference up at Wembley.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
coltrane

Post by coltrane »

Well done Oxford I hope that you win the final now, and I was looking to going to Wembley so enjoy your day out and don't get too drunk! :lol:
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yeah well done to them, obviously I hated having to watch their celebrations and thinking how that could have been us but I'm pleased that I'm not too bitter about the defeat as at least we can't blame the ref this time(although he was still a tw*t) and they were probably the better team over the 2 legs and we unfortuantly weren't good enough today to get past a defence that's only conceded 10 goals at home this year.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I think the best team won on the day. Hope they enjoy their day out.
Diamond White

Post by Diamond White »

Indeed, it was great to see such a great number of fans in this league from both sides behave in a manner that would make their clubs proud.

Well done Oxford but more importantly well done our club and fellow supporters for such a great year.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oxford were the better team over the 2 legs, simple as that.

Couple of reasons for this:

1.) Kurt Robinson's comments about Constable were massively ill-informed and were probably the reason he wasn't involved today. He always scores against us anyway, he doesn't need an incentive.

2.) Lee Tomlin just didn't turn up at either game. We don't have a Brodie or a Constable (in my opinion that is ALL we are missing) so we have to rely on Tomlin to come up with the odd bit of magic. Every time we have played Oxford this season he has gone missing, and in every other game he has produced the goods.

I'm extremely confident about next season. Edinburgh has all but confirmed he will be staying, and he now needs to tie some of the better players down to long-term deals. I think our attendances will continue to improve, and we have to remember that including todays result we have only lost 3 times in 2010, and one of them was against Mansfield when we rested key players. The other 2 defeats? At the Kassam.

Well done to Oxford. Deserved.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

BartonRaz wrote:Oxford were the better team over the 2 legs, simple as that.

Couple of reasons for this:

1.) Kurt Robinson's comments about Constable were massively ill-informed and were probably the reason he wasn't involved today. He always scores against us anyway, he doesn't need an incentive.

2.) Lee Tomlin just didn't turn up at either game. We don't have a Brodie or a Constable (in my opinion that is ALL we are missing) so we have to rely on Tomlin to come up with the odd bit of magic. Every time we have played Oxford this season he has gone missing, and in every other game he has produced the goods.

I'm extremely confident about next season. Edinburgh has all but confirmed he will be staying, and he now needs to tie some of the better players down to long-term deals. I think our attendances will continue to improve, and we have to remember that including todays result we have only lost 3 times in 2010, and one of them was against Mansfield when we rested key players. The other 2 defeats? At the Kassam.

Well done to Oxford. Deserved.
Great Post...Roll On Summer!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

No complaints, they carved us open twice and took their goals well. Not many clubs have done that to us this season. We didn't play to our best but we certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. If we can keep the majority of this squad together we can push on next season.
AFC R & D member number 34