Well done to Oxford

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Well done to Oxford

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Fair play to Oxfod and if they gain promotion, then so be it. I didn't think we played to badly today, just we came up against tough opposition!
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Well if Oxford do go up this year, it means 1 of the teams we rarely pick up points against is out of the league. So good luck to them, and to York.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Well done to those Oxford fans who weren't complete twats (ie not the pathetic c**ts who were more interested in giving us fans the wanker signs instead of celebrating their own team's achievements). It was good to see a considerable number of them outside the ground applauding us as the coach pulled away.

We weren't at our best today, but that was because Oxford didn't allow us to be. There was very little in the game, and if it hadn't been for 5 minutes of sloppiness by our defence we probably would have had to endure the dreaded penalty shoot out. I just think we've lacked a little creativity and ruthlessness up front in games against some of the better, more organised teams in the league this season.

The criticism of Tomlin is very harsh IMO, we all know what a talent he is and often expect him to do it all on his own when the rest of the forward line is struggling. I don't think it's any coincidence that he's struggled to make an impact against Oxford when we've played them this season, Damien Batt is a good player at this level and has blistering pace, sometimes you have to give an opponent credit for snuffing us out.

NOW COME ON YORK, DO THEM AT WEMBLEY AND WIPE THE SMIRK OFF THE FACE OF THAT DIVING, CHEATING PANSY JAMES CUNTSTABLE!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

davealbon wrote: The criticism of Tomlin is very harsh IMO, we all know what a talent he is and often expect him to do it all on his own when the rest of the forward line is struggling. I don't think it's any coincidence that he's struggled to make an impact against Oxford when we've played them this season, Damien Batt is a good player at this level and has blistering pace, sometimes you have to give an opponent credit for snuffing us out.
I disagree. My concern today was his lack of energy and commitment. Oxford do have a good defence but Tomlin didn't show any real interest in putting them under pressure. Talented, ambitious players who want to put themselves in the shop window would have seized the opportunity - he didn't.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMIfnxwp3E8

Pitch invasion for anybody who wasn't there.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

A couple of Oxford fans showing their appreciation for our support...

http://www.conferenceforum.co.uk/articles/show/1666489

They're not all bad after all!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:A couple of Oxford fans showing their appreciation for our support...

http://www.conferenceforum.co.uk/articles/show/1666489

They're not all bad after all!!
I appreciate that..I thought our support today was fantastic! long may it continue, they won it fair and square and we must now wish them luck and move on!

Roll on August!....What World Cup?
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Turveyman wrote:
davealbon wrote: The criticism of Tomlin is very harsh IMO, we all know what a talent he is and often expect him to do it all on his own when the rest of the forward line is struggling. I don't think it's any coincidence that he's struggled to make an impact against Oxford when we've played them this season, Damien Batt is a good player at this level and has blistering pace, sometimes you have to give an opponent credit for snuffing us out.
I disagree. My concern today was his lack of energy and commitment. Oxford do have a good defence but Tomlin didn't show any real interest in putting them under pressure. Talented, ambitious players who want to put themselves in the shop window would have seized the opportunity - he didn't.
True, his discipline is also an obvious concern as well, can't remember exactly what he was booked for today but I think it was kicking the ball away? Whatever it was for it was stupid as are most of his bookings and he would have had a couple more reds this season if it wasn't for JE subbing him most times when he's on a yellow. Also am I right in thinking he would have missed Wembley if we had got there due to bookings in both semis?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Olly wrote:
True, his discipline is also an obvious concern as well, can't remember exactly what he was booked for today but I think it was kicking the ball away?
Put the ball in the net about 5 seconds after the ref blew for offside.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Oh yes remember it now, perhaps a slightly soft booking but still stupid on Tomlin's part.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308