To do list

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: To do list

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:I think Tomlin, Osano and Roberts will be sold for around 200k combined - Wooly, Louis, Akurang, Byrne, Farrel, Pattison, Huke will be released/sent back!
Don't think Farrell will leave. Maybe the others with McGuiness, McNamara, Smith, Beecroft, Cousins all also in danger of the chop!
Yep, don't think Cousins will go - Keith has done great for the club so I'm not going to moan like I used to about how he's only here because...

Keith can do whatever he likes in my eyes, as long as he keeps fuelling my passion for us :)
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:I think Tomlin, Osano and Roberts will be sold for around 200k combined - Wooly, Louis, Akurang, Byrne, Farrel, Pattison, Huke will be released/sent back!
Don't think Farrell will leave. Maybe the others with McGuiness, McNamara, Smith, Beecroft, Cousins all also in danger of the chop!
Yep, don't think Cousins will go - Keith has done great for the club so I'm not going to moan like I used to about how he's only here because...

Keith can do whatever he likes in my eyes, as long as he keeps fuelling my passion for us :)

I hope you're wrong....no offence.

My squad for next year;

Dale
Kurt
Jamie
Simon
Paul
Max
Mark (Please!!!!)
Az
Faz
Shane
Sam

To Leave; Jefferson, Cliff, Nicky Mac, Matt Pat, McGuinness, Beecroft
I think they've all done well, but in some cases, we could either do with a tad better effort and skill wise in some of there roles or they just aren't as good as others in the squad and are therefore expendable.

Maybe Pile - Lee and Curtis - If we can get good replacements, I'd be less upset to see them go - I rate them both highly, and want them here, but after the things they have both said over the season, I feel like there the two whose hearts are in it less/for the wrong reasons.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Don't think Farrell will leave. Maybe the others with McGuiness, McNamara, Smith, Beecroft, Cousins all also in danger of the chop!

Considering KC didn't want Neil to come to Nene Park in he first place, I don't think he'd allow nepotism to get in the way of the club's future.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Couple of things to add to the previous posts. Tomlin is under contract for next season, and Byrne is out of contract at Forest.

The only players i would get rid of without a second thought is Akurang and Louis. Then there are players like Beecroft and Pattison who must be walking a tightrope. I'd keep Huke personally, i think he has proved his worth in a variety of positions.

Tomlin should be sold if we can find a buyer, but i think he's probably lost a lot of value since January. His form has really dipped since he didn't get his move. At the time i was delghted he stayed, but in hindsight i think maybe it was a mistake. I think unless Wolleaston accepts a pay-cut (assuming he is on silly money) then he can leave too, a shame, but we could probably spend his wages on 2 or 3 new players.

Priorities this summer must be sorting Osano, Porter, Byrne, Stuart and Downer on long-term deals. We also need a striker, and like has been said before i think someone like Tubbs is attainable. Failing that i think we should look in BSS or BSN for a bit of talent or someone from the FL with a point to prove like Porter.

One thing i can guarantee is that Edinburgh will sign the right players, he seems a very good judge of player.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Turveyman

Post by Turveyman »

I imagine that JEMS will want to avoid many changes to what has been a successful squad. I think he will release Cliff, Jeff and Jamie and look to sign a couple of strikers. Lee and Curtis will be sold if any offers come in. Dale may also leave for personal reasons.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Harry

Post by Harry »

BartonRaz wrote:Couple of things to add to the previous posts. Tomlin is under contract for next season, and Byrne is out of contract at Forest.

The only players i would get rid of without a second thought is Akurang and Louis. Then there are players like Beecroft and Pattison who must be walking a tightrope. I'd keep Huke personally, i think he has proved his worth in a variety of positions.

Tomlin should be sold if we can find a buyer, but i think he's probably lost a lot of value since January. His form has really dipped since he didn't get his move. At the time i was delghted he stayed, but in hindsight i think maybe it was a mistake. I think unless Wolleaston accepts a pay-cut (assuming he is on silly money) then he can leave too, a shame, but we could probably spend his wages on 2 or 3 new players.

Priorities this summer must be sorting Osano, Porter, Byrne, Stuart and Downer on long-term deals. We also need a striker, and like has been said before i think someone like Tubbs is attainable. Failing that i think we should look in BSS or BSN for a bit of talent or someone from the FL with a point to prove like Porter.

One thing i can guarantee is that Edinburgh will sign the right players, he seems a very good judge of player.
Agree with pretty much all of this.

I really hope we keep Pattison. I still think there is something worth keeping in the lad.

I know RH agrees at least!
Diamond down South.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Don't think Farrell will leave. Maybe the others with McGuiness, McNamara, Smith, Beecroft, Cousins all also in danger of the chop!

Considering KC didn't want Neil to come to Nene Park in he first place, I don't think he'd allow nepotism to get in the way of the club's future.
Really? Why has he been playing for us then, because in my eyes, he's obviously not good enough! If so though, he can go. Shame, he's always tried but doesn't have the ability needed.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
wewantourdarbyback wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Yep, don't think Cousins will go - Keith has done great for the club so I'm not going to moan like I used to about how he's only here because...

Really? Why has he been playing for us then, because in my eyes, he's obviously not good enough! If so though, he can go. Shame, he's always tried but doesn't have the ability needed.
GH brought him in because of the goals he scored for his previous team and so KC supported him. Since then he has a contract with us and obiously JEMS like him.

I think he has the talent to play on the wing at this level, just possibly not at the top of the league.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

Byrne is a must keep tbh
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

My squad for next year would be:

Day
Aynsley
Corcoran
Stuart
Downer
Robbo
Huke
Terry
Max
Nicky
Beecroft
Wolleaston (with pay cut)
Farrell
O'connor
Smith

Outs:
Curtis and Byrne will be offered contracts by league 1 clubs, We will sell Tommo (at a cut price because of his attitude and recent performances), Cousins is too injury-prone so will be released, Dale will move back north and Louis and Akurang will disappear down the big hole that we picked them out of.

Ins:
We need a reliable keeper (probably Potter from Cambridge), defensive cover, an attacking midfielder(if wolleaston won't take a pay cut) and two new strikers (a target-man and a finisher).