Next Season's Expectations...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Next Season's Expectations...

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Where do we all think we should be aiming for/expecting?

I think if we keep the current squad, we will make the play-offs again - but I don't want to expect great things because the last two times that's happened we've finished 16th :(

I think our budget will be further reduced, however I think a lot of clubs will be too.

I've seen lots of people saying we can go up next year. I'm not saying its impossible but it's going to be so hard!

We'll have Luton with Richard Money from the start, Mansfield, Wrexham, Grimsby, Darlington, Oxford/York to compete with, who should all be aiming for the play-offs at least, and I think Newport County and Wimbledon have a decent chance!

So I predict another close play-off finish, but if Keith goes for it like he went for it with Hill, there's nothing to stop us going up as champions! If he completely lowers the budget, we've gone against the odds once, so why not again?

I'm excited for next season already - Bring it on!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Next Season's Expectations...

Post by Bob's Bitch »

No way should Keith go for it, lower budget but better manager got us somewhere, keep the budget set at 2,000 and if we can keep most of our squad and sell Tomlin for ~£50k and use it for Byrne then I think we'll be good. I don't think we need a goalscorer O'Connor, Smith and Farrell can be our goalscorers, push Akurang and Louis out (we must've been paying at least some of their wages so that frees up another bit of money) and everything's good. Our average was 1,800 and while this was helped by Luton and Oxford they could both be here next season (although we should give Luton less next time) and our home average will go up as well, I predict us breaking the 2,000 barrier for the majority of home games.

As for expectations we should be all hoping for the same as last season (which now unfortunately we have to call 'last' season because we no longer have any games left. :() If we can start next season how we finished last season then we can be a constant in the play-offs instead of having to fight until February to actually get ourselves set at the top. Then who knows but a good start (unlike last season) is a must and I fully believe JEMS can deliver this. :D
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Just Gonna Sit Back and Watch I Think.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Just Gonna Sit Back and Watch I Think.
Well said 8-)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Rushdenjim wrote:
RushdenTillIDie wrote:Just Gonna Sit Back and Watch I Think.
Well said 8-)
Here, here !! Keith made it clear at the Fans Forum that the club was in financial difficulties and the money wasn't there to throw around.

I think its vital that all those people that can buy season tickets and help with cash flow through the summer months, and that those that can help the club save money by helping out with the essential maintenance works required.

Let's get Justin signed up first, then we can see what develops on the field eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Top 10 is always a nice target. Anything more is a bonus.
ID

Post by ID »

I think we should go into next season as we did last season - hoping for some good football, a nice cup run and hopefully a top-ten finish. As DiamondsFan said, anything better than that is a bonus.

It's far too early to say, anyway. Ask me in early-August and I'll have a better answer ;) ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS