AirWair/Peter DeBanke Terrace

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.

Would you consider watching From The AirWair Stand rather than the Peter DeBanke Terrace?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 41

neneman

Re: AirWair/Peter DeBanke Terrace

Post by neneman »

i'm not sure we'd pull it off. . . but the stand we were in on monday helped us out a lot. . . it sounded great so i can see where your coming from with that. . .
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Trek wrote:
Best and most vocal support I can remember was from a 100 or so fans from Wycombe Wanderers. ;)
They sang 'Chairboys' for 45 minutes straight :shock: It was a great song and inspired them to a 3-1 victory if my memory serves me correctly?
neneman

Post by neneman »

45 minutes of edinboroughs barmy army in the airwair then??? i'd hate to leave. . . i still get a buzz when we are shooting towards the terrace in the second half so many good memories, when we're shooting that way i always think we can get a result
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
They sang 'Chairboys' for 45 minutes straight :shock: It was a great song and inspired them to a 3-1 victory if my memory serves me correctly?
Close but no cigar. Diamonds actually won 2-0 (6.9.03), with goals from Jack and Lowe, which made Wycombe's vocal support all the more impressive. ;)

They had 677 fans that day but only 100 or so were actually singing. I was in the Air Wair at the time.
Last edited by Trek on Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

All of this has been debated to death annually ever since first raising its head in 2004 !!

Stewards in your face all the time telling you to sit down was the main complaint, plus being asked to pay extra for a seat, there were many others - just read the report.

I tried it out against Macclesfield when the club provided us with the chance to do so, but few other fans did. I wouldn't like to move to be honest, I enjoy watching football from the PDB and would be very loath to move personally. I've stood in the same spot on the PDB since it opened and I've kinda got used to it, plus Peter de Banke was a great servant to both clubs, its fitting it is the home end :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Oundle Diamond #2

Trek wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Close but no cigar. Diamonds actually won 2-0 (6.9.03), with goals from Jack and Lowe, which made Wycombe's vocal support all the more impressive. ;)

They had 677 fans that day but only 100 or so were actually singing. I was in the Air Wair at the time.
I'm pretty sure I remember Kevin Betsy scoring for Wycombe? Sure there wasn't more than one meeting?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I remember Kevin Betsy scoring for Wycombe? Sure there wasn't more than one meeting?

We did play them later in League 2 when Steve Claridge played but the time they made all the noise was in League 1 in September 2003.
Last edited by Trek on Wed May 05, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

12/2/2005 - lost 1-2, WW fans were VERY impressive that day !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Oundle Diamond #2

PigmanRDFC wrote:12/2/2005 - lost 1-2, WW fans were VERY impressive that day !!
Yep, thats the one, I remember sitting in the McDonalds family stand or whatever it was called then and just loving their 'chairboys' song!
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

I'd be up for a trial of the move...stewards getting in our face wont happen this time round I should think...especially if we're all standing, like a good chunk were on Monday...The York noisy supporters idea at Wembley is a great example, we could get quite the atmosphere going if we gave it a go. Equally I doubt It will happen and am just as happy in the De Banke...but I don't mind moving.