Jefferson Louis

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Jefferson Louis

Post by BartonRaz »

I think its such a shame to see how Jeff's status amongst fans has deteriorated to the point where his substitition gets the biggest cheer of the day.

I can remember at Hayes & Yeading, when his song was sung for fully 45-minutes, when he was racking up MOTM awards, and when he was scoring goals every other week. Things just started going downhill after that.

I think the guy is technically good, holds the ball up extremely well, but just seems a bit.... stupid. His decision making when in crucial areas is horrible. What i can't understand is that he is pretty much hated by almost every fan of every club he has been at, yet he still finds new clubs.

A strange strange footballer. One that i can't work out if i am disappointed to see the back of.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondsFan

Re: Jefferson Louis

Post by DiamondsFan »

I think ever since his loan extension, he just got a bit too comfortable and lazy. Glad to see him go, although I was one of his biggest fans back in February.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

I made the point after Crawley that he was lazy and not challenging and that issue reared it's head again on Monday. Simply due to the fact that he can't get himself fired up for a play-off game surely means that he has to go, his last few performances have been very annoying to watch.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

I agree with most of the above. I still think J-Lo played a significant part in our success this/last season, but in the last few games he seemed to go backwards. JE said when we extended his loan that he had been disappointing in a couple of games and needed a kick up the arse to get him going again, and even after the loan was extended he still put in several really good performances. Some of the criticism he received was unfair IMO which perhaps increased my support for him.
I even thought he played alright in the first half on Monday, he held the ball up well and put himself about, and although he didn't do a great deal with the ball once he's got it, I think part of the reason for that was the lack of support he was getting from the wingers/midfield.
But the second half was woeful. Apart from his early shot from 25 yards which forced Clarke into his first save of the game, he looked completely disinterested. I can understand players' heads dropping after going 2-0 behind, but I expect them to still put the effort it. J-Lo just strolled around looking bored.

Before Monday I still would have been happy to see him at the club next season, but not now.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Steve

Post by Steve »

Jeffers is one of my favourite players at the moment, although I don't think it's for his ability. :)

He has been quite up and down since arriving but i think he has been quite important for us, and also from the way he is with our fans and from previous interviews, he seems to really like it here.

As for next season, personally I would like to keep him. I think he is a different option for us and I like to have different types of players up front. Also I think his style of play is at times what's needed in this league, and he does have a good goalscoring record at this level.

However my patience with him has run a little thin after monday, and we need to send Cliff back. In my eyes Cliff is a poor version of Jeffers, and having them both on the pitch at times can be too much to take
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Jefferson Louis reminds me sooo much of my gf its unreal.. on the odd occasion, when things are going well, they're both the best thing since sliced bread, but most of time time you dont want them here. Personally I like him, but the reason why he's had so many clubs is that he just not consistant enough, and the frustrating thing is IMO his consistency levels are intrinsic, he can seem to turn it on/off when he like. I'd never boo a diamonds player off the pitch though, unless they really deserved it!!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Need an out and out striker for next season - the rest will be bit players who will clock in with extra goals. Sure JE knows this and then we wil have the the real deal.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dukes wrote:Need an out and out striker for next season - the rest will be bit players who will clock in with extra goals.
That's easier said than done. If there was a 20 plus goal a season striker from the BSP/League 2 do you think the Club, bearing in mind the Chairman's recent comments, could afford to sign him?
Clearly, Jefferson Louis wasn't a great goal scorer, otherwise Crawley Town wouldn't have sent him out on loan to us.

The best we can hope for is to, possibly, pick up a young and upcoming lad from the lower leagues who may have the future potential to be a 20 plus scorer at Conference level. Otherwise our only option is to expect all our players to continue to chip in with a few goals as happened last term.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote:
Dukes wrote:Need an out and out striker for next season - the rest will be bit players who will clock in with extra goals.
That's easier said than done. If there was a 20 plus goal a season striker from the BSP/League 2 do you think the Club, bearing in mind the Chairman's recent comments, could afford to sign him?
Clearly, Jefferson Louis wasn't a great goal scorer, otherwise Crawley Town wouldn't have sent him out on loan to us.

The best we can hope for is to, possibly, pick up a young and upcoming lad from the lower leagues who may have the future potential to be a 20 plus scorer at Conference level. Otherwise our only option is to expect all our players to continue to chip in with a few goals as happened last term.
A 20+ goalscorer can be found by another source, like Forest Green did with Fleetwood and Mangan!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: A 20+ goalscorer can be found by another source, like Forest Green did with Fleetwood and Mangan!
That's exactly what I was suggesting when I said in my post ' from the lower leagues who may have the future potential to be a 20 plus scorer at Conference level'.