Oxford selling TOO many!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Oxford selling TOO many!

Post by Rushdenjim »

Oxford have so far sold 25,000 of the 35,000 there were given and york have been warned about oxford selling more. This from there website:
City are receiving reports that ticket sales for the Promotion Final are steady but the club are lagging behind opponents Oxford Utd. There is also the danger that if Oxford sell out their allocation ticket sales will stop altogether on safety grounds and City fans will not be able to buy any further tickets.
We therefore urge all City fans to make their booking as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Lets get behind the lads and cheer them onto Coca Cola League Two!
The place holds 90,000 what safey issues can there be? :lol: :roll:
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Oxford selling TOO many!

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Yea what does that matter? Surely they want to sell as many as possible!
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:Yea what does that matter? Surely they want to sell as many as possible!
Well if looks like York are been punished for Oxfords good ticket sales, doesnt seem fair
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

That just reads to me like a marketing ploy to get the City fans buying more tickets. Over priced tickets being sold by a 3rd party who make money on each and every sale.......cynical? Me?
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Diamondsforever wrote:That just reads to me like a marketing ploy to get the City fans buying more tickets. Over priced tickets being sold by a 3rd party who make money on each and every sale.......cynical? Me?
That's exactly what it looks like to me too. If there was a risk of Oxford fans buying the York tickets there might be a case, but clearly there is a lot of room at Wembley that they haven't even opened up yet. Given Wembley is so desparate for funds it would seem foolish to turn anyone away (although I know they did this to Luton in the JPT).
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

Shows Oxfords potential if you ask me.. shouldn't be non league but they deserve to be where they are.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P