Players released

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Turveyman

Re: Players released

Post by Turveyman »

Wolleaston is probably a high earner so not too surprised at him departing.
Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Wolleaston's wages would have been terrible and he is too injury prone, a luxury we can't afford although he will be missed.

McNamara i am disappointed about although he is sometimes reckless. His performance at Wimbledon will live long in the memory though.

No complaints about the othes, i like Pattison but he doesn't fit our style of play.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

i don't think we've the squad size to keep youngsters and give them time to develop. either they're brilliant, in the team, then sold. or, moved on.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
mac

Post by mac »

I am not sure that Wolleaston will ever get back too the player he was although I not sure we have ever seen the best of him not for the money anyway McNamara is unlucky but we cannot afford the risk he brings, some of his challenges are stupid i.e. Kiddie away.I thought Downer had signed pre-contract terms elsewhere
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

mac wrote:I am not sure that Wolleaston will ever get back too the player he was although I not sure we have ever seen the best of him not for the money anyway McNamara is unlucky but we cannot afford the risk he brings, some of his challenges are stupid i.e. Kiddie away.I thought Downer had signed pre-contract terms elsewhere
True, although technically we got him for free since we sold Challinor to Cambridge for the same fee we paid them for Wolleaston.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

With Pattison going, does that mean we are going to be keeping Tomlin?
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

rudolph_hucker wrote:With Pattison going, does that mean we are going to be keeping Tomlin?
It says Tomlin remins here due to still being under contract!

Nothing out of the blue there tbh, i just hope stuart, byrne etc actually sign the contracts they have been offered
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

There is still the possibility of any of our contracted players being sold should an agreeable offer be received.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

If all those offered contracts do sign, and we don't lose anyone else via transfer our squad will be:

Roberts
Day

Osano
Corcoran
Downer
Stuart
Huke
Robinson
McDonald

Cousins
Terry
Porter
Byrne

O'Connor
Farrell
Smith
Tomlin
Shariff

That makes 18 in total, although I think Cousins may be released once he has regained full fitness and is able to find another club.

I'd suggest we would then need a couple of decent midfielders and 1 striker (assuming Shariff wouldn't get too much opportunity yet), with the possibility of further loans as the season progresses.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Disappointed about Beecroft and Pattison, especially Pattison considering how good he was at the start of the season. I really liked him.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46