Former Diamond to manage in the BSP?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Former Diamond to manage in the BSP?

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote:
DiamondsFan wrote:I swear Dave is just a walking talking factfile.
Oh, stop it! :oops:

I'm annoyed with myself that I can't remember the name of the Morecambe player who got sent off - I might have to watch the 98/99 season review video tonight to remind me! I can still vividly picture him stomping off the pitch waving his arms around like a mad man and swearing at anyone close enough to hear him! :lol:
John Kennedy or Kenny Mayers ?

I remember being really disappointed seeing Heggs first game versus Morecambe - it was a really windy day, but he didn't seem to get stuck in - and looked poor in the air. I remember seeing one of his goals for the Cobblers winning some kind of a award a couple of weeks later, and wondering if we'd signed the same player.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Kenny Mayers, of course! :lol:

I agree it was quite an underwhelming debut from Heggs, not that we really cared when he scored!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote:
Superhans wrote:i was excited i thought he looked good on his debut and think he may have scored :?:
He did indeed. A 3-1 win over Morecambe, and he scored the third with a tap in from about 6 yards out. I think he may have also won the penalty which John Hamsher converted. I forget his name now, but the player who gave away the penalty went completely ape shit at the ref and got himself sent off for dissent. After seeing the red card, he began walking off the pitch only to then turn around and start having another go at the ref! He was absolutely hilarious! :lol:
I remember a similar incident when a Cheltenham player got sent off against us, in a 4-1 victory. They went down to 9 men and he shouted some "blue" words to the ref, who completely ignored him! :D
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I remember a similar incident when a Cheltenham player got sent off against us, in a 4-1 victory. They went down to 9 men and he shouted some "blue" words to the ref, who completely ignored him! :D
That was Mark Freeman, the centreback, who was sent off for stamping on Adrian Foster in front of the press box if I remember.
He had the last laugh though as he scored 1 of the 2 injury time goals the following season that beat us 2-1 and effectively sealed the Conference title for Cheltenham.
SCARECROW

Post by SCARECROW »

rushdenman wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:I remember a similar incident when a Cheltenham player got sent off against us, in a 4-1 victory. They went down to 9 men and he shouted some "blue" words to the ref, who completely ignored him! :D
My son was mascot for that game, I think they went 1-0 up and a penalty changed the game for us to run out 4-1 winners.
Quite agree Heggs finest hour was putting that scoreboard at Elland Road to read Leeds 0 Diamonds 1,
he was a scruffy sod though who always ended up with his socks around his ankles!