Great News..

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Hayden

Great News..

Post by Hayden »

rudolph_hucker

Re: Great News..

Post by rudolph_hucker »

I'd have been more pleased to have kept Pattison. Instead of another season of HOOF ball from the captain.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Pete
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Pete »

you must be mistaken and thinking of chris hope, because jamie stuart is one of the finest ball-playing centre-halves we've had in years.

good news... although byrne is the one i'm waiting for.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pete wrote:you must be mistaken and thinking of chris hope, because jamie stuart is one of the finest ball-playing centre-halves we've had in years.
Agreed.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Pete wrote:you must be mistaken and thinking of chris hope, because jamie stuart is one of the finest ball-playing centre-halves we've had in years.

good news... although byrne is the one i'm waiting for.
Agreed. Come on byrney put the pen to paper :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Absolutely fantastic news. Wasn't convinced on JS from the start but he really put in some fantastic performances around the turn of the year, and has been an immense leader on and off the field, and one we needed with such a young squad. Thoroughly deserved the fans player of the season, and delighted to have him pack for another year.

I hear you're comments about Patto RH, and tbh to an extent i agree. However, he was a player that JEMS for some reason either didn't rate or didn't think they could use in our current system. Probably right to let him go if he's not getting games tbh.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

jimbobjaw wrote:I hear you're comments about Patto RH, and tbh to an extent i agree. However, he was a player that JEMS for some reason either didn't rate or didn't think they could use in our current system. Probably right to let him go if he's not getting games tbh.

I wasn't overly critical of JS but you've got to admit that he hoofs it forward "anywhere and nowhere" at any given opportunity. Whereas Pattison has the ball control and quality that has a supporter wants to see.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:I hear you're comments about Patto RH, and tbh to an extent i agree. However, he was a player that JEMS for some reason either didn't rate or didn't think they could use in our current system. Probably right to let him go if he's not getting games tbh.

I wasn't overly critical of JS but you've got to admit that he hoofs it forward "anywhere and nowhere" at any given opportunity. Whereas Pattison has the ball control and quality that has a supporter wants to see.
I just can't agree with that, I think Stuart often looks to knock it out wide, and often when he did clear it, it did make it to one of our strikers and danger was averted...As for pattison, the guy didn't get picked because he was lazy in training, every week in the pre match warm-up he'd be firing balls left, right and centre into the De banke and nowhere near the goal, he was the most frustrating player to watch, I'm glad to see he's gone, he didn't fit into how we were playing....He did have a couple of good games though when he did start.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

I think that's a little over-critical if i'm honest, but i do see where you come from. For me, JS does tend to hoof it forward a bit, but i would say that it is usually obvious where his target is, whereas Hope tended to be more hit-and Hope
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

rudolph_hucker wrote:

Jamie Stuart does like a bit of the old 'hoof ball' but he is a Conference standard centre half and isn't blessed with the composure and ability of someone like Rio Ferdinand. I'd much rather he lumped the ball forward every time, than piss around with it and concede possession in our own half.

As for Pattison's superior ball control and quality, give me Stuart's passion, commitment, determination, drive and leadership any day (and his song)! I liked Pattison, but let's face is, he wasn't that good.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297