Great News..

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RiK2006

Re: Great News..

Post by RiK2006 »

Received several awards and JE was desperate to sign him for another season, says it all really. What Pattison did to deserve to stay here i'm not sure and obviously JE wasn't either.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

JS started his career as a left winger and sometimes you can spot that when he's on the ball in an attacking position.
He doe's play the hoof ball from time to time and like Dave says, thats what the BSP is all about!
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

His distribution isnt the best, but he does his job, DEFENDS!
Basil

Post by Basil »

RiK2006 wrote:Received several awards and JE was desperate to sign him for another season, says it all really. What Pattison did to deserve to stay here i'm not sure and obviously JE wasn't either.
...and he has shit hair :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and his trousers aren't as tight as JSs ;) ;) ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:His distribution isnt the best, but he does his job, DEFENDS!
Exactly. We want centre backs who will put their feet and heads in where it hurts, not who can spray the ball about. Job 1 is to defend, and JS is one of the best in the division. Anything else is a bonus.

I'm not sure why the Pattison thing was even brought up, he's not a centre back so it's not like it was one or the other :?
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

This is fantastic news :D :D

I will freely admit that I thought we'd made a huge mistake in signing Jamie - at the beginning of the season he looked off the pace and gave away a penalty in the first few minutes of the game at Crawley that made me wonder what the hell we'd done. I'm so pleased that he proved me wrong - his leadership qualities alone meant that we simply had to retain him for next season.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

JamesRDFC wrote: I'm not sure why the Pattison thing was even brought up, he's not a centre back so it's not like it was one or the other :?

It was just a personal preference of mine, I prefer watching exciting players rather than hoof merchants. I'm not actaually having a go at JS (although I do get frustrated watching him sometimes) I personally would have rather seen MP stay. Plus I bet his salary is/was lower ;)
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Glad to see Stuart re-sign.

Now here's a thought. Luke Foster ( ex Oxford ) has today been released from his contract at Mansfield and I know we were in for him when he moved from Oxford to Mansfield at last years transfer deadline.

He does get booked / sent off a bit but that's in a centre backs make up anyway.

Could be a target for Justin, any thoughts !
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

MEMAN53 wrote:Glad to see Stuart re-sign.

Now here's a thought. Luke Foster ( ex Oxford ) has today been released from his contract at Mansfield and I know we were in for him when he moved from Oxford to Mansfield at last years transfer deadline.

He does get booked / sent off a bit but that's in a centre backs make up anyway.

Could be a target for Justin, any thoughts !
Apparently he's a 'management challenge' according to Oxford fans and was released after trying it on with a teammate's partner and trying to fight with a different teammate. Probably best to stay away.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Apparently he's a 'management challenge' according to Oxford fans and was released after trying it on with a teammate's partner and trying to fight with a different teammate. Probably best to stay away.
With what happened with Jamie Guy, I highly doubt JEMS would look for players with this attitude.

Some managers have class, Some managers obviously don't and the fact we wanted to sign Foster under Hill shows why we failed - didn't look at personalities!