Close Season Maintenance - UPDATE

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Close Season Maintenance - UPDATE

Post by Dazzler »

See: http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... =20#p14560

As always any help is appreciated - even if you can only do one or two sessions - it all adds up, and helps us get things done more quickly, and more done.

Update from Glenis:
--
Hi everyone

I will commence working on Monday evening (17th) at 1830 until 2100.

We will first of all clean the roadways and kerbs of weeds and would ask if you could bring along brushes, dustpans and tools to remove them.

If the weather is inclement then we will go into the Stadium and start to rub down the railings etc ready for painting.

We cannot start to do the seat cleaning until W/C 14th June.

I will be working weekdays from 1830 to 2100 and from 1000 to 1400 at the weekends but can be flexible if these times are not convenient.

Please let me know what times are convenient for you.

When we start painting could you please also supply brushes which ideally need to be 2" wide. Cheap ones will do!!!

Look forward to seeing you from Monday onwards.

If I am not around when you arrive, please ring the bell which can be found on the corner of De Banke near to the blue double doors.

Glenis Haynes
--
Harry

Re: Close Season Maintenance - UPDATE

Post by Harry »

This is much earlier than I had imagined it to be (although, thinking about it, this timing makes sense, so dunno why I thought that), so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help out. :(

Will there still be stuff going on towards the end of June?
Diamond down South.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Harry wrote:This is much earlier than I had imagined it to be (although, thinking about it, this timing makes sense, so dunno why I thought that), so I'm not sure if I'll be able to help out. :(
Will there still be stuff going on towards the end of June?
There's still stuff going on at the club on the pitch till end of May, so most initial work is outside the stadium. Then during June there would be some pitch work I guess, and also the terraces/stands usually get jet washed as well by Phil so we wouldn't start Seat Cleaning until mid June as I recall.

Anyway I am sure there will be plenty of things to do right up to pre-season - there usually is.

Anyway keep an eye on the forum and will try to get an idea of what kinds of things are planned when - but it usually changes a bit anyway....
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Weed clearing progressed last week and over weekend - covering the kerbs/paving area outside the Shop, First Car Park (More to finish), and in front of DeBanke Terrace entrance (first part).

Again if anyone can make it down for a few hours in the evening, or weekend - Glenis is usually down there from 6:30pm til about 9pm on weekdays.

See Main Thread for full contact details

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... ?f=2&t=845