One last game before the season's over

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

One last game before the season's over

Post by davealbon »

The Youth team take on Corby tonight in the final of the Northants U18s Cup, 7:30 kick off at Nene Park (South Stand only, I think). I'm not sure what the ticket prices are tonight, but they are usually only £2 for adults, and definitely won't be any more than £5.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: One last game before the season's over

Post by davealbon »

Congratulations to the Youth Team and Paul Driver, on completing the League and Cup double with a 4-1 victory over Corby tonight. http://www.thediamondsfc.com/page/Youth ... 25,00.html

An impressive performance, especially when you consider that our squad consisted of 1st years and U16s only. I've not seen much of the team this season, and I'd not been that impressed on the few previous occasions I had seen them, but I was very impressed tonight.

Drives deserves a special mention tonight, as he came over to us in Strikers after the game and personally thanked us for our support. He says that the next couple of years look very promising (despite us missing out on promotion which would have enabled us to re-enter the Puma Youth Alliance, which is a much stronger league) and that we will have 12 first years signed on for next season, compared to just 8 this season.

Well done to everyone involved. :D :D :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297