New Years Eve

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ferrers

New Years Eve

Post by ferrers »

Well done to Racheal and team for organising a great New Years Eve night.
It was very good value at £15.00 ,buffet was great with enough for everyone,good Disco and Band.
Also raised £200 for Youth Funds doing a raffle.
It was well attended with 183 tickets sold.
We do need other function which are organised by the Trust and Diamond Minors to also get this sort of support,as this all helps the club with funds therefore ,we are doing our bit towards the play-off push.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: New Years Eve

Post by Pigman »

I reckon the club will be on to a real winner once the hotel is built, I can't really come to any event such as this because I'd want to have a drink and can't be arsed to get a cab all the way back to Bedford, but I would come to events such as this and stay over if there were a hotel on-site, a real win-win for the club.

Any news on when/if this is going ahead???
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

That is the problem a lot of the time Pigman that the location of the club does make people think twice
when deciding to attend,we did walk home but we only live in Higham,that was long enough at 2.am!
And Taxis arnt cheap.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

PigmanRDFC wrote:I reckon the club will be on to a real winner once the hotel is built, I can't really come to any event such as this because I'd want to have a drink and can't be arsed to get a cab all the way back to Bedford, but I would come to events such as this and stay over if there were a hotel on-site, a real win-win for the club.

Any news on when/if this is going ahead???
I agree, as long as they do discounts for Rushden season ticket holders! ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297