Hoof ball to continue at Histon.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Hoof ball to continue at Histon.

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Hoof ball to continue at Histon.

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

John Beck is a living legend, will do a good job there!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

We'll need to get the neck braces back out the cupboards then everyone! I'm going to start exercising now so I don't get cramp after 10 minutes of the first half. :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:John Beck is a living legend
LIving leg-end if you ask the majority of fans at Cambridge United. They were glad to see the back of him with his tactics and style of football. Suggest you read Steve Claridge's book 'Tales from the Boot Camps'. :D
diamondphil

Post by diamondphil »

non-league Sam Allardyce...........
I feel sorry for people who don't drink................when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
Oundle Diamond #2

Trek wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:John Beck is a living legend
LIving leg-end if you ask the majority of fans at Cambridge United. They were glad to see the back of him with his tactics and style of football. Suggest you read Steve Claridge's book 'Tales from the Boot Camps'. :D
...or I'll ask my Dad who's a lifelong Cambridge fan.

And always recounts all the great days Cambridge had with him in charge! His football was ugly, but he sure got them success!

Steve Claridge is the worst pundit ever - I'd rather not listen to him.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

Perfectly matched club and manager.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
And always recounts all the great days Cambridge had with him in charge! His football was ugly, but he sure got them success!

Steve Claridge is the worst pundit ever - I'd rather not listen to him.
I accept that Beck nearly got the U's into the Premiership in the early 90's but his methods were generally not welcomed by the U's fans who like most footballer supporters would rather see their side win playing in an entertaining and sporting way. Claridge's comments were not as a pundit but as a player in Beck's team. At the U's he was often referred to as Dracula because he was sucking the life out of football. After being sacked, he proceeded to struggle managing Preston and Lincoln and then he had a short spell managing at Barrow :oops: only to return to the U's in the late 90's where he was sacked once again.

BTW, saw my first Cambridge United game in the mid 50's. ;)
Oundle Diamond #2

Trek wrote:
I accept that Beck nearly got the U's into the Premiership in the early 90's but his methods were generally not welcomed by the U's fans who like most footballer supporters would rather see their side win playing in an entertaining and sporting way.
Say that to an Arsenal fan ;)

Anyway, he should do a good job at Histon, my Histon supporting mate felt Beck was a massive part of Fallon's success, as he was the one that found all the players!
Trek

Post by Trek »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Anyway, he should do a good job at Histon, my Histon supporting mate felt Beck was a massive part of Fallon's success, as he was the one that found all the players!
He''ll do well to keep the Stutes in the BSP next season as, apparently, he has only been given a £100,000 playing budget by their board. :shock: