Who's the 3 then?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: Who's the 3 then?

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Purely speculating here, i'm going to guess that Ricky Holmes will be the striker ;)

Top scorer for Chelmsford last season, and then released in bizarre circumstances; http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/sport ... ticle.html

Has been linked to Southend and AFC Wimbledon lately and is local to JE.
Haha, loved the quote of shocked the non-league football world! :? :D
Harry

Post by Harry »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Purely speculating here, i'm going to guess that Ricky Holmes will be the striker ;)

Top scorer for Chelmsford last season, and then released in bizarre circumstances; http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/sport ... ticle.html

Has been linked to Southend and AFC Wimbledon lately and is local to JE.
Haha, loved the quote of shocked the non-league football world! :? :D
I was in a state of shock for several days I'll have you know. :lol:
Diamond down South.
Sam Gregory

Post by Sam Gregory »

I would love to see us sign Holmes. He was very highly rated at Chelmsford and a number of league clubs, including Peterborough, Dagenahm and Southend, were rumoured to be tracking him at one point or another. Peterborough in fact had supposedly made a bid around 20k last summer which was rejected. Apparantly he can't drive though so that could be a problem, although we do have quite a few players based in Essex.
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Should someone check Wingate and Finchley's squad list? :twisted:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

My monies on Joe Benjamin released by Cobblers this year. Was loaned out to Eastbourne last year for a couple of spells and played against us at Nene Park.

Very young but may develop, didn't pull up daisies at Eastbourne, but after all it was a struggling team. May do better with decent players around him and good coaching from JEMS.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

MEMAN53 wrote:My monies on Joe Benjamin released by Cobblers this year. Was loaned out to Eastbourne last year for a couple of spells and played against us at Nene Park.

Very young but may develop, didn't pull up daisies at Eastbourne, but after all it was a struggling team. May do better with decent players around him and good coaching from JEMS.
I think Barton Raz has already beat you to it with this rumour! ;)

I thought he looked useful when we played Eastbourne, certainly the pick of their players, and I saw him for the Wobbl£r$ youth team against ours 18 months ago and he really stood out then. He doesn't fit in with any of the three players Justin mentioned in his interview though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

davealbon wrote: He doesn't fit in with any of the three players Justin mentioned in his interview though.
the winger?
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

'winger/striker'

sounds like Benjamin to me!
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:'winger/striker'

Two players from lower down and one from another conference club doesn't sound like him to me. I don't think Justin would hide behind the technicality that he was on loan at Eastbourne and call him a player from another BSP club or whatever the wording really was.

That one might still be on the cards, but it doesn't seem like one of the three close to being done.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Jemfy wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:'winger/striker'

Two players from lower down and one from another conference club doesn't sound like him to me. I don't think Justin would hide behind the technicality that he was on loan at Eastbourne and call him a player from another BSP club or whatever the wording really was.

That one might still be on the cards, but it doesn't seem like one of the three close to being done.
Good point, but he doesnt want 'egg all over his face' so wouldn't put it past him.