E.T.

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rushdenman

E.T.

Post by rushdenman »

According to the E.T. Downer will not be returning and Huke is likely to join Dagenham again.

Byrne has re-signed at Forest although there could still be a loan in the offing.

With Porter and Robinson still yet to sign, and the Terry situation unresolved, we could have a very different looking team next season.

I was hoping that we would keep most of the first choice players so that we hit the ground running next year but it looks as though there may need to be a "bedding-in" period if there are a lot of changes.
Harry

Re: E.T.

Post by Harry »

Gutted about Downer. :( I wonder why he didn't sign. Has he had offers from other clubs? Or is he taking a season out of football? (I remember reading a while back that he has 'retired' a few times, for a season or so, because of his knee),

The rest doesn't look too positive either... although I'd like to think Byrne would choose to come back here for a season long loan.
Diamond down South.
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

not happy about downer

think he was a key part of our back line last year. will be missed!
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Forest obviously got rave reviews about Byrne from their scouts, unfortunately for us. But like I said in another thread, hopefully he'll come back to us on loan.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Steve

Post by Steve »

Forest obviously see that Byrne has great potential, but I'm unsure they would want one of their best young prospects coming down to this level again, when he can quite clearly play much higher up. IMO would be pointless to offer him a new contract, to then send him here again. I'm not hopeful at all
Sam Gregory

Post by Sam Gregory »

Bad news about Byrne but can't say I'm suprised tbh he was clearly far too good this level but I'm sure JE has got a suitable replacement lined up. Downer is quite suprising really considering how well he had played least season, although towards the end he never really looked fit, and I can only assume that he's had to retire or move down a few divisions because of injuries.
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Steve wrote:Forest obviously see that Byrne has great potential, but I'm unsure they would want one of their best young prospects coming down to this level again, when he can quite clearly play much higher up. IMO would be pointless to offer him a new contract, to then send him here again. I'm not hopeful at all
Agreed, I'd imagine they'll look for a League 1 club for him, League 2 minimum. I'd love to be proved wrong, but Byrne is good enough to play higher up and he needs to prove it to Forest. Unfortunate, but JE will find a replacement, I have no doubt.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Oh for God's sake.

First Stone and now this.

Downer will be a big blow although he was sometimes reckless and unfit. A little disappointed with Huke but i think if D&R win tomorrow they won't be interested. Byrne is obviously a nightmare but at least it isn't ruled out yet.

We we're told that Huke would be signing, along with Porter and Robinson, so what does that mean of those two? Would be gutted if Robinson goes and distraught if Porter did.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Well Dagenham have been promoted today, so lets now hope they could'nt see Huke doing a job in league 1! ;)