Stone Leaves!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Stone Leaves!

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Stone Leaves!

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Gutted here too :(

However I trust Justin's judgement to find a suitable replacement... So JEMS is no more...:(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Gutted here too :(

However I trust Justin's judgement to find a suitable replacement... So JEMS is no more...:(
Yea, he'll have pleanty of contacts in the game.
Good luck to Stoney tho, did a great job as JE's number 2! ;)
MEMAN53

Post by MEMAN53 »

Absolutely terrible news.

Is this the first signs of post Dale-Terry incident affecting the club?

Stoney to Barnet, Downer may go with him or elsewhere, Huke looking at D & R and Byrne contracted to Forest and may not be back.

If Stoney is going to further his career in the league then so be it and I wish him the best of luck. He was a good servant both to the club and Edinburgh. I just hope we can find a suitable replacement who coaches similar football standards to last year, as 2009/10 was the best football I have seen at Nene Park for quite a few years.
Sam Gregory

Post by Sam Gregory »

MEMAN53 wrote: If Stoney is going to further his career in the league then so be it and I wish him the best of luck. He was a good servant both to the club and Edinburgh. I just hope we can find a suitable replacement who coaches similar football standards to last year, as 2009/10 was the best football I have seen at Nene Park for quite a few years.
I wouldn't really say that moving to Barnet as Coach is career move tbh. At least he'd be able to achieve something here like promotion, but Barnet are never really going to challange for promotion in League 2.
godber

Post by godber »

Couldnt ask to meet a nicer bloke,always made time to come over and say hello,he was a great number 2 and spoke alot of sense at the last fans forum,he clearly knows the game well & I wish him well with his with the rest of his career.

Do find it odd that he would leave to go Barnet,I know Barnet are a league above but only stayed up on the last day of thr season and are a club that are only going backwards,where as I believe we are going forward

But atleast now our manager and assistant won't dress the same ;) (hopefully our new assisant doesnt like grey bloody jumpers :lol: )
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Sad news, I wish Stoney good luck at Barnet (as long as it's not against us)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

MEMAN53 wrote:Absolutely terrible news.

Is this the first signs of post Dale-Terry incident affecting the club?

Stoney to Barnet, Downer may go with him or elsewhere, Huke looking at D & R and Byrne contracted to Forest and may not be back.
- Stone has the opportunity to move into league football.
- Huke would have signed for Dagenham in March but wasn't allowed to, their manager recommended him to JE for a short-term deal and obviously is still interested.
- Byrne has signed for a team he's been with through the youth system, a team that finished in the Championship play-offs last season.
- There were rumours about Downer leaving before the play-offs.

I'm 100% sure none of this is related to the Dale/Terry stuff.

Anyway, best of luck to Stone, who did a very good job. Shame though that he and JE couldn't build on it next season and get to league football together, they were a very good team.
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

hope this doesn't play out like when the cockney barrowboy's 2nd in command left us.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

quite shocked at this thought he made a good team with JE.

im getting a bit worried now as to why hes left. going to barnet isnt really a step up in my eyes.
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...