Stone Leaves!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jemfy

Re: Stone Leaves!

Post by Jemfy »

Completely agree with the above. No-one knows how much of the work was either of them. We know Stone did an awful lot in terms of tactics constantly and that was evidenced by the fact he was the one with the tactics boards for subs most of the time etc. He obviously had an awfully large amount of fitness knowledge too having not moved into the area but having always wanted to do it.

Davies won't give Byrne a sniff at Forest, however he will probably give him a loan spell to either L2 or L1 clubs for at least 6 months where he can show his worth at a level higher. Anyones money on Barnet? :(

I've worked on the assumption that we keep those contracted, except those we are likely to cash in on should a fair offer come our way, and everyone who is out of contract is not our player till they sign up again. It makes it easier.
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Quotes from http://www.barnetfc.com/page/LatestNews ... 54,00.html

"I am very excited at joining Barnet at what we all hope will be a fantastic new chapter in the history of the club. The new training ground provides a great environment for the coaching of both young players and the professional footballers.

"I have known Paul Fairclough for quite a while and am especially delighted to be going to work alongside him and also the incoming manager. I hope we can all take the Bees forward to better things".
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Of course Justin could end up bringing people even better than Stoney and Downer in.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:Of course Justin could end up bringing people even better than Stoney and Downer in.
A chance for Duane Darby/Paul Hall? ;)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:
A chance for Duane Darby/Paul Hall? ;)

Or Paul Driver?
AFC R & D member number 34
Basil

Post by Basil »

JamesRDFC wrote:Quotes from http://www.barnetfc.com/page/LatestNews ... 54,00.html

"I am very excited at joining Barnet at what we all hope will be a fantastic new chapter in the history of the club. The new training ground provides a great environment for the coaching of both young players and the professional footballers.

"I have known Paul Fairclough for quite a while and am especially delighted to be going to work alongside him and also the incoming manager. I hope we can all take the Bees forward to better things".
Have Barnett got a manager? Could JE be next on their list? Sorry but just feeling a bit pesimistic :cry:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
SL12

Post by SL12 »

I don't think they have Ian Hendon has gone to Dover.
Barnet sacked him on 28th May, mmmmmm not looking good. :(
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

SL12 wrote:I don't think they have Ian Hendon has gone to Dover.
Barnet sacked him on 28th May, mmmmmm not looking good. :(
The rumour is that Stimson (ex Gillingham) will be going there
AFC R & D member number 34
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

Ok. Everyone get a grip.

See what the squad and coaching staff looks like on the first day of the season before writing off our chances already :| ?

Ricky.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote:Don't forget that Stone previously managed a club in the area, Wingate and Finchley, so probably lives not far from Barnet so you need to factor in the time and cost of him travelling every day to Irthlingborough.

As I posted a few weeks back, I can't see how players and staff that live in the London area can afford to play for a club such as us whilst continuing to live 80-100 miles away.
I've always thought that, but i spose if you car share its not so bad!