Stone Leaves!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Stone Leaves!

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: I've always thought that, but i spose if you car share its not so bad!
I take your point but travelling around London is difficult enough and I wouldn't have thought an assistant manager would share with a player.

Anyway, Stone is clearly an ambitious lad and would see that a coaching role with Barnet is a step up the ladder.
Rushdentom

Post by Rushdentom »

Im not surprised that Stoney has taken a step-up but I think it is a bit-shorted. If he had stayed with us and helped repeat this seasons performance then no-doubt a top league 1, mid-table championship side would have approached him and Justin.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

I would once again like to reiterate the comments of most. Thank you for all of your hard work Stoney, and good luck with everything you do in the future.

As to speculating how we will do, and who will/will not be here next year, i think i'll wait and see...
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

we operate on a tight budget. if we can't offer him anymore cash, then he will find others that can. i'm sure he'll be successful wherever he goes.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
super noodles

Post by super noodles »

Noooooooo :(
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Stone Leaves?

Is that an offshoot from Stone Roses?
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Superhans

Post by Superhans »

Red Dragon wrote:Stone Leaves?

Is that an offshoot from Stone Roses?

err no. ;)

but a great band all the same!
WHEN I SANG RUSHDEN TILL I DIE I MENT IT! LONG LIVE THE AFC...
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

MS has asked me to pass on the following message to everyone -

'It was a very difficult decision 2 leave R+D + I do so with a heavy heart. I've really enjoyed my time at Nene Park but having failed 2 agree a contract at Rushden I felt it was the right step to take at this time in my career. I would like to thank the fans for all their support + i'll keep an interested eye on how things develop at Nene Park.'
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

That's nice of him to leave a message, i don't think anyone is cross with him, it's a shame he couldn't help build on last season or agree to terms...I hope he keeps in touch and you never know, we might get a loan or two from barnet in the future.

Good Luck In the future Stoney.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see Barnet have now confirmed Mark Stimson as their manager - who also has links with Spurs - http://www.barnetfc.com/page/LatestNews ... 84,00.html

I note he is bringing an assistant with him, so there will be a three man management team (or four if Paul Fairclough continues to be involved).

It will be interesting to see how Barnet get on next season - I saw them in their final game, but their best player by a street was Albert Adomah, and he has rejected a new deal there.

Let's just hope those players at Nene Park who haven't signed new deals as yet aren't just waiting for offers to come in from this direction ....