Nene Park

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Nene Park

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I've just spent a couple of hours at Nene Park doing some weeding with Glenis.

Quite frankly we need more help, the place is a mess. There's weeds growing out of the block paving and kerbs throughout the site. How is JE supposed to get players to sign when they see the state the place is in? How are we going to attract businesses to use our facilities if we can't keep it trim & tidy? Come on everyone, get down to NP for a hour or two a week and make NP a place where players and businesses can come to and be proud.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: Nene Park

Post by Dazzler »

Well I should have been there today - but working on this FIFA game - fixing issues and still going. I'd much rather be outside. Hopefully get down tomorrow.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Without meaning to sound disrespectful or ungreatful, i don't think the amount of weeds we have poking out will deter a new signing from signing for us. If a player picked one team over another because of the appearence of the stadium Luton/Barnet and many many more wouldn't get a single player.

Also, i'd say many of the people with time on their hands (Retired etc) who enjoy things like gardening wouldn't be found on this board (primarily because they dont know how to use the computer or internet). A couple of posters in Irthlingborough or a plea in the local rag would probably do wonders.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

BartonRaz wrote:Without meaning to sound disrespectful or ungreatful, i don't think the amount of weeds we have poking out will deter a new signing from signing for us. .
This true, because how come scum keep signing players when they turn up to sign on the dotted line, they have to enter that dump! :D
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Quite frankly we need more help, the place is a mess.
It's all very well have a once a year blitz but as any homeowner knows the secret to having a well maintained house/garden is to do a bit each week throughout the year and then the task is not so daunting. Since the days of the Griggs ownership you get the impression this doesn't happen.

Let's hope, however, that more people get involved especially those that don't have many miles to travel to the ground.
Timeless

Post by Timeless »

"Also, i'd say many of the people with time on their hands (Retired etc)."

I'm retired and still short of time.

"Wouldn't be found on this board (primarily because they dont know how to use the computer or internet)."

Rubbish! Never heard of Silver Surfers?
Three of Diamonds

Trek wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:
Quite frankly we need more help, the place is a mess.
It's all very well have a once a year blitz but as any homeowner knows the secret to having a well maintained house/garden is to do a bit each week throughout the year and then the task is not so daunting. Since the days of the Griggs ownership you get the impression this doesn't happen.

Let's hope, however, that more people get involved especially those that don't have many miles to travel to the ground.
We don't have Griggs spending the money anymore and the weeds grow faster in the spring/ summer, that's why we do our maintenance then. All the club is asking is for people to show up once a week for a couple of hours. Is that really too much trouble?
Barton Raz, so do we let the weeds grow then or do we turn up and clear them out? They'll only get bigger and the problem will get worse, I'm sure the place will look a lot more attractive to players and businesses with huge weeds everywhere wont it? We must take a bit of ownership and responsibility ourselves and not let/ assume others will do it "cos they're retired and like gardening". K*ttering do NOT HAVE our facilities so do we let it go into decline so it can be as bad as their place?

Come on the club needs your help.
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

Hoping to get down soon. Just a quick one.

Easiest way to get rid of weeds. Pour boiling water on em. They die instantly. Shrivel by day 3 and will be gone by day 7.
Just an idea :D
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Timeless wrote:"Also, i'd say many of the people with time on their hands (Retired etc)."

I'm retired and still short of time.

"Wouldn't be found on this board (primarily because they dont know how to use the computer or internet)."

Rubbish! Never heard of Silver Surfers?
Very good. I was hardly saying all retired people sit on their arses all day doing naff all.

And re: the second comment, clearly i wasn't referring to the entire UK population.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Hoping to get down soon. Just a quick one.

Easiest way to get rid of weeds. Pour boiling water on em. They die instantly. Shrivel by day 3 and will be gone by day 7.
Just an idea :D
You boil the water, and I'll pour it on em :lol: