Nene Park

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Nene Park

Post by BartonRaz »

Two of Diamonds wrote:
Trek wrote:
Two of Diamonds wrote:
Quite frankly we need more help, the place is a mess.
It's all very well have a once a year blitz but as any homeowner knows the secret to having a well maintained house/garden is to do a bit each week throughout the year and then the task is not so daunting. Since the days of the Griggs ownership you get the impression this doesn't happen.

Let's hope, however, that more people get involved especially those that don't have many miles to travel to the ground.
We don't have Griggs spending the money anymore and the weeds grow faster in the spring/ summer, that's why we do our maintenance then. All the club is asking is for people to show up once a week for a couple of hours. Is that really too much trouble?
Barton Raz, so do we let the weeds grow then or do we turn up and clear them out? They'll only get bigger and the problem will get worse, I'm sure the place will look a lot more attractive to players and businesses with huge weeds everywhere wont it? We must take a bit of ownership and responsibility ourselves and not let/ assume others will do it "cos they're retired and like gardening". K*ttering do NOT HAVE our facilities so do we let it go into decline so it can be as bad as their place?

Come on the club needs your help.
Personally i don't think a player could give a monkeys about weeds. Same for businesses, we're hardly talking weeds the size of trees here, are we?

Some people have commitments, family commitments, work commitments, or in my case exams. I applaud you for going down and helping but its a fact of life that some people (using my previous example - retired people) generally have more time on their hands than others. I think we have quite a large group of older supporters who are probably not going to read these messages....
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

IceCoolPsycho wrote:Hoping to get down soon. Just a quick one.

Easiest way to get rid of weeds. Pour boiling water on em. They die instantly. Shrivel by day 3 and will be gone by day 7.
Just an idea :D
Can't you just use your avatar to scare them to death, ICP!??? :D ;)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

BartonRaz wrote:
Personally i don't think a player could give a monkeys about weeds. Same for businesses, we're hardly talking weeds the size of trees here, are we?

Some people have commitments, family commitments, work commitments, or in my case exams. I applaud you for going down and helping but its a fact of life that some people (using my previous example - retired people) generally have more time on their hands than others.....

Year on year I'll bet that you wouldn't be saying that in 5 years time if we let it go without weeding. We have to clear the carparks of ice in order to get games on, I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to other things clogging them up. I believe the council call it an "actionable nuisance". All we're asking for is more people to come down and share the load. Many hands make light work y'know? So far 10 people have turned up out of a fanbase of 1000+. You do the maths, the job needs doing and it's to all our benefit.

PLEASE HELP WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NOW IS THE TIME.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

It's not just weeding (which also does get done quite a bit throughout the year by a number of retired volunteers), although that happens to be what is being worked on currently, but also will be rubbing down paintwork in the stadium, cleaning seats etc..

There will be some moss treatment done to block paving I think a little later in the month. But clearing the edges and stuff does make things look a lot tidier/neater.

But as I always say - if you can spare a bit of time all well and good, but am fully aware most people have many other commitments - it's just the more we can get the quicker some of these things are to do of course.

We are also chasing the council about some of the perimeter land as well which is their responsibility to keep maintained, though if we can't get them to mow/clear that and generally make things look tidy, am sure we'll look into it.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

To my shame I just haven't had the chance to get down there yet, just been too busy with work and family stuff. I think an appeal amongst the wider fanbase via the local press would be a good idea, Mark Lea surely must be prepared to help us with that? This Forum is usd by so few people the message obviously isn't getting out.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
IceCoolPsycho

Post by IceCoolPsycho »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
IceCoolPsycho wrote:Hoping to get down soon. Just a quick one.

Easiest way to get rid of weeds. Pour boiling water on em. They die instantly. Shrivel by day 3 and will be gone by day 7.
Just an idea :D
Can't you just use your avatar to scare them to death, ICP!??? :D ;)
Aye. lol. Scares me evertime i look in a mirror :D