Jamie Cook...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Jamie Cook...

Post by davealbon »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Jamie Cook is expected to sign for the Diamonds on Monday for a small fee (up to £5k), according to the NLP today.
Wow! :shock: I'm sure none of us was expecting to see us paying a fee for anybody.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
ID

Post by ID »

Should the fact that we are (allegedly) paying a fee for a player dispel some of the rumours about our finances?
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Irish Diamond wrote:Should the fact that we are (allegedly) paying a fee for a player dispel some of the rumours about our finances?
Unsure

We heard it straight from KC's mouth at the fans forum that we're practically fucked financially because running the club costs an absolute bomb and isn't achievable as it currently is.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

strange if we are paying money for a player if our finances are as bad as reported. I wonder if someone is financing the deal?

I personally think we could survive without Cook as well. So to be paying money for him, i guess JE must really want him.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Tbh atm it is pure speculation. If true, it could be coming out of the current playing budget.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Mad Dog wrote:Tbh atm it is pure speculation. If true, it could be coming out of the current playing budget.
Agreed, if true it will probably mean a slightly lower wage budget. Let's wait and see what the club say though about any fee actualy paid...
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

jimbobjaw wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:Tbh atm it is pure speculation. If true, it could be coming out of the current playing budget.
Agreed, if true it will probably mean a slightly lower wage budget. Let's wait and see what the club say though about any fee actualy paid...
IF this is true, I wonder if the extra money is coming from the savings on Stoney's wages? Apparently Drives is continuing his involvement with the Youth Team (albeit in a reduced capacity) despite his promotion, and the fact that the club have been advertising for a new part time youth coach seems to support this rumour. I would imagine PD will be getting a small pay rise with his promotion, but this coupled with the wages for a part time coach is probably still less than what MS was on.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

davealbon wrote:
jimbobjaw wrote:
IF this is true, I wonder if the extra money is coming from the savings on Stoney's wages? Apparently Drives is continuing his involvement with the Youth Team (albeit in a reduced capacity) despite his promotion, and the fact that the club have been advertising for a new part time youth coach seems to support this rumour. I would imagine PD will be getting a small pay rise with his promotion, but this coupled with the wages for a part time coach is probably still less than what MS was on.
There are a number of possible sources for the saving, like the fact we will be running a similar size squad to last season, without Wolleaston who will have been on a fair chunk. Without Jefferson Louis' wages (or whatever proportion of them we were paying), which have been reported to be ridiculous for a conference side. Or maybe with a projection of crowd sizes staying the same with a slight matchday income increase due to the increase in on the gate ticket prices (which still hasn't been announced more than in the letters to ST holders)
JamesRDFC

Post by JamesRDFC »

Cook has left Oxford by mutual consent. So if he does sign for us, there will be no fee.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 03,00.html
One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

JamesRDFC wrote:Cook has left Oxford by mutual consent. So if he does sign for us, there will be no fee.

http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1034 ... 03,00.html
He will sign for us on Thursday, fact!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."