Rushden keen on Cook...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Rushden keen on Cook...

Post by BartonRaz »

And some other little bits of info:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 756338.stm
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Rushden keen on Cook...

Post by Formic »

There is a similar article in the ET http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/Diam ... 6382154.jp with JE's revelation that he's still looking for three players. I guess this could be Cook, Huke and Byrne if those deals come off.

He's not including the first year pros in his squad list, which would mean there are 18 in the current squad - including Neil Cousins on the long-term injury list.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Am I missing something? SURELY we need a target man striker!

Maybe we have a loan deal lined up but I'd be shocked to see us go into a season with 2 main strikers and 2 winger/strikers!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I think the plan is to send Nabil and Aynsley on loan in the BSS/BSN.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Speaking of target men, one name whispered on this board has gone to Crawley. Liam Enver-Marum!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Formic wrote:There is a similar article in the ET http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/Diam ... 6382154.jp with JE's revelation that he's still looking for three players. I guess this could be Cook, Huke and Byrne if those deals come off.

He's not including the first year pros in his squad list, which would mean there are 18 in the current squad - including Neil Cousins on the long-term injury list.
I would have thought that Huke wouldn't be one of the three, given that he finished the season as our player. Hopefully the third player will be that tall, quick, strong, 20-goal-a-season target man that we need! ;)

Aside from Byrne there has been no talk from JE recently about loan signings. Bearing in mind we began last season with three half-season loanees I would be surprised if we didn't do the same again for next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Am I missing something? SURELY we need a target man striker!

Maybe we have a loan deal lined up but I'd be shocked to see us go into a season with 2 main strikers and 2 winger/strikers!
I think Farrell can do this role pretty well sometimes. Alright it doesn't seemt that natural to him but after his performance away to AFC Wimbledon, I wouldn't be complaining if we went into the season with him in this role.