K*ttering in 8 days

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: K*ttering in 8 days

Post by Trek »

It's a nonsense that games like this are made all-ticket. :evil:
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

6 degrees on friday, so that will melt the snow. Wonder if they will try and get it postoned due to there team being unfit? Well thats what there fans are hoping.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Well, its snowing like a bitch where I am and its settling too !! The roads haven't been gritted and I've just driven 8 miles and its taken me 45 minutes !!

I'm heading off to Corby in a few minutes (lucky me) and will be calling in to get my ticket on the way back just in case, but I'm fully expecting it to be called off. It'll either be waterlogged or frozen, and the Ploppies will do little to get it ready given their current player situation - they'll be delighted if it gets called off.

I can understand the game being all-ticket personally, there is always some muppet that will try to get a ticket in the away end (and they have more than their fair share of muppets remember), at least this makes it harder for them to do so.

I think given the weather and Ladick's pricing policy it was always going to be difficult to motivate people to go, but I think it is our only true derby, so if it goes ahead I'll be there.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Olly wrote:
Trek wrote:
Frogerz wrote:Just got my ticket number '208'
Won't sell 300 at this rate.
Number 208 is only standing tickets and as I've said before there will be plenty of people leaving it til late I would have thought, we're on course to get about 500 I'd say.
Good point, if we have sold 208 tickets for idiots (myself included) to stand out in the cold, then i would guess there will be a number of other more sensible people that will choose to sit down! :wink:
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

jimbobjaw wrote:, then i would guess there will be a number of other more sensible people that will choose to sit down! :wink:
Yeah, freeze their bums in that tumble down open stand at £18 a shot! :shock:
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

I reackon it will be on, the ground is getting softer now. The snow will melt by end of tommorrow, fair enough the snow will freeze over tonight but its not as cold as it has been. And then friday 4 degrees midday 3 degrees at night ,plus the same on Saturday afternoon. I am guessing that the covers will come of friday morning as keeping the covers with snow on acts as an insulator. Then its the rain on Saturday as well as whats thawed , well there pitch isnt as bad as histons, so i am sure it will drain away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... =K*ttering

Lets play them now while there weak ;)
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

Do they even have frost covers? Mansfield don't I know. Neither do Grays. I would imagine they don't to be honest.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Covers, we are talking Kettrin here, do they have covers. :?:

It has been mentioned on ploppynet that the pitch is rock solid and the frost has penertrared upto 8 inches into the surface, without a sufficiant temp rise any rain or thaw would sit on top for a while and not drain quickly.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Duffman

Post by Duffman »

Im waitin til Friday before getting my ticket, hopefully we'll know by then if its on or not
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

Duffman wrote:Im waitin til Friday before getting my ticket, hopefully we'll know by then if its on or not
Ditto
AFC R&D Membership No 283