James Broadbent

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

James Broadbent

Post by BartonRaz »

Youth team keeper, been promoted to the first team squad as Number 2 (presumably) for the forseeable future.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: James Broadbent

Post by Mad Dog »

BartonRaz wrote:Youth team keeper, been promoted to the first team squad as Number 2 (presumably) for the forseeable future.
Makes sense. Joe Day has done well this season in goal and deserves his chance.
Dukes

Post by Dukes »

On a personal note I would I would love to see James there. I taught him for 4 years in middle school and he was a lovely lad. Great to see him progress through a local club. A testament to our youth policy and academy.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Dukes wrote:On a personal note I would I would love to see James there. I taught him for 4 years in middle school and he was a lovely lad. Great to see him progress through a local club. A testament to our youth policy and academy.
Same, played in his team on and off from Under 9's. Always put his heart into his football, and hopefully he can make the grade.

Will be interesting to see whether any 2nd year Scholars get offered full-time deals. I haven't watched them in a while, but I'd guess King, Broadbent and possibly Phillips have a good chance.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Dukes wrote:On a personal note I would I would love to see James there. I taught him for 4 years in middle school and he was a lovely lad. Great to see him progress through a local club. A testament to our youth policy and academy.
Likewise for me, as my wife taught him at NSB. Although i think we've mention this before! 8-)
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

he got me released from the youth system as me and him were competing for the same place so glad hes made it. nice lad
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Good lad,very committed,should turn out to be a good keeper. Hewas onei ha pencilled in to gain a pro at the end of the season.Well done James keep up the good work
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Will be interesting to see whether any 2nd year Scholars get offered full-time deals. I haven't watched them in a while, but I'd guess King, Broadbent and possibly Phillips have a good chance.
Morgan Phillips and Callum Earls are the two most promising 2nd years, and as it stands I would expect both of them to earn contracts at the end of the season (although a lot can change in the space of a few months). King clearly has a touch of class about him, but at the moment I would say he is still a little behind Earls and Phillips.

Broady has half a chance of making it IMO, although he's not as good as Joe Day was at that age and probably not as good as Margy either.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Will be interesting to see whether any 2nd year Scholars get offered full-time deals. I haven't watched them in a while, but I'd guess King, Broadbent and possibly Phillips have a good chance.
Morgan Phillips and Callum Earls are the two most promising 2nd years, and as it stands I would expect both of them to earn contracts at the end of the season (although a lot can change in the space of a few months). King clearly has a touch of class about him, but at the moment I would say he is still a little behind Earls and Phillips.

Broady has half a chance of making it IMO, although he's not as good as Joe Day was at that age and probably not as good as Margy either.
You never know now tho, with extra determination from what has happened and having a decent coach, he may break through. It is tough for a keeper, as i think Joe Day is about the only one who's ever come through our youth system to hold down a first team place, between the sticks