Michael Gash

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Sam Gregory

Michael Gash

Post by Sam Gregory »

Has signed on loan from York until the end of the season - http://www.ycfc.net/news.php?id=2436.

I assume this means that either Sills or Howe will returning to their parent clubs.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Michael Gash

Post by The Godfather »

What a cracking surname!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Big lad in the Sills mould.

York paid over 50k for him last year.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think this is a good signing, we need something else up front

I believe Sills has gone back it was only a 3 month loan, his debut was the Crawley game on the 26th September meaning the loan would end on Boxing day at the latest
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Steve wrote:I think this is a good signing, we need something else up front

I believe Sills has gone back it was only a 3 month loan, his debut was the Crawley game on the 26th September meaning the loan would end on Boxing day at the latest
Indeed. Can't think where I read it, but Sills' loan expired after Boxing Day (I could be wrong). Will be interesting to see how Gash gets on.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Comments on BBC forum:

- ''i dont care if he goes according to gary mills he is lazy in training, he cant get up to fitness standards or if he can he isnt showing it, this was reported by gary mills a while back and he said if he didnt get fit then there wouldnt be a place in the team for him, which is fair do's we dont need lazy people on the pitch.
Cut him loose and save some money in wages''

- "Get rid asap. God knows who is interested in the donkey. He won't be a miss up front as he has done naff all in the year and a bit he has been with us."

- "Hasn't been worth the money at all. Feel like Ebbsfleet did us over good and proper."

Sounds good.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Hmm, not sure about him considering he can't get into a team with Rankine in it but we'll have to see.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Can't say I'm enthused about this signing either, our problem isn't the strikers it's the supply to them that's lacking. I guess we'll just have to trust the management to organise them correctly.
Square pegs in square holes please.
AFC R & D member number 34
Steve

Post by Steve »

Olly wrote:Hmm, not sure about him considering he can't get into a team with Rankine in it but we'll have to see.
To be fair, I would class Ranks as one of the best strikers in the league these days. I'd take him back and I bet if he was avaliable most teams in the league would too.

I noticed this loan is til the end of the season. As i understand it we get 4 long term loans per season and so that is it. (Gash, Howe, Green and Koranteng - Green and Koranteng were both meant to be til January)
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Steve wrote:
Olly wrote:Hmm, not sure about him considering he can't get into a team with Rankine in it but we'll have to see.
To be fair, I would class Ranks as one of the best strikers in the league these days.
Not even in the top 15.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter