Sol Campbell

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
RiK2006

Sol Campbell

Post by RiK2006 »

Trying to sue Pompey for 1.5million. Talk about kicking a club when they're down. Whilst i'm of the opinion that they shouldn't have been allowed to get in their current situation, can't help but feel Campbell is a selfish jerk. Do these footballers not have enough money?
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Re: Sol Campbell

Post by BartonRaz »

Sol Campbell is a grade A .....

Am i allowed to say it? He might sue me.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
DiamondsFan

Post by DiamondsFan »

I heard he started persuing it just as he joined Notts County though.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Campbell is a complete and utter **** :!:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
woody

Post by woody »

RiK2006 wrote:Trying to sue Pompey for 1.5million. Talk about kicking a club when they're down. Whilst i'm of the opinion that they shouldn't have been allowed to get in their current situation, can't help but feel Campbell is a selfish jerk. Do these footballers not have enough money?
The guy is owed the money......................£1.5million of of it. If YOUR employer didn't pay you for months, and YOUR mortgage didn't get paid.................we would never here the end of it. This Forum would be alive with sympathy.

Whilst I agree Mr.Campbell has a history of being mercenary, he is still a human being that is OWED SALARY - End of!

The Premier League + PFA + The Various owners of Pompey (One of which has been already charged with Tax evasion) must hold most of the blame.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that by being advised to take this type of action, some of the monies involved so far may be 'ring fenced' as preferential creditors. Lets wait and see before an 'unpopular Black footballer' is crucified for doing what his advisors (that HE pays) advise him to do.
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

I have to agree with Woody.

He may be a footballer earning high amounts of money, but he has bills to pay too.

If you're owed that large am amount of money, you would be chasing it up regardless of the employers situation.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

mattreddan wrote:I have to agree with Woody.

He may be a footballer earning high amounts of money, but he has bills to pay too.

If you're owed that large am amount of money, you would be chasing it up regardless of the employers situation.
Yeah the only arguement that could really hold true would be the comparative "fortune£ that Campbell has already earned.

As said, i dont blame him for suing to recover the money, just wonder what the actual affect it will be, it may just hasten the demise/administration of Pompey in truth.
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

Simply posted this topic as Sol is a millionaire. I do agree with all points.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

woody wrote:
RiK2006 wrote:Trying to sue Pompey for 1.5million. Talk about kicking a club when they're down. Whilst i'm of the opinion that they shouldn't have been allowed to get in their current situation, can't help but feel Campbell is a selfish jerk. Do these footballers not have enough money?
The guy is owed the money......................£1.5million of of it. If YOUR employer didn't pay you for months, and YOUR mortgage didn't get paid.................we would never here the end of it. This Forum would be alive with sympathy.

Whilst I agree Mr.Campbell has a history of being mercenary, he is still a human being that is OWED SALARY - End of!

The Premier League + PFA + The Various owners of Pompey (One of which has been already charged with Tax evasion) must hold most of the blame.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that by being advised to take this type of action, some of the monies involved so far may be 'ring fenced' as preferential creditors. Lets wait and see before an 'unpopular Black footballer' is crucified for doing what his advisors (that HE pays) advise him to do.

You come across as a right jerk in your posts, although i'm sure your not ;-)
woody

Post by woody »

RIK

That was a bit of a back handed compliment - THANKS! :lol: :lol:

That surely can't be because YOU believed the media hype? Then, who is the Jerk now?

Lets get this matter sorted out using the 'little grey cells' - not what you read in the papers.

The guy is a millionnaire, so WILL live to a Millionnaire life style. That means large rent or mortgage bills, with Mr.Taxman claiming in excess of 40% of what he earns, plus the new rich levy tax Alistair Darling dropped on people in his bracket (Now you know why, players prefer to play abroad, less tax etc).

So YOU write a thread, that seems to decry him, but realistically, HE is owed the money, the taxman will be screaming to him to pay his SUPERTAX (as a self employed person)..........so if he doesn't get paid, should he sell his Bentley, sub let his house and live off his 'savings'? - No he shouldn't!

If I am a Jerk as you put it (very rude IMHO), then where does that leave YOU and your logic in this matter?
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly