Alternative Programme ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Re: Alternative Programme ?

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Were I by my Mac I could enlist the help of a few mates and knock something reasonably professional up on Quark, unfortunately my iMac is 100 miles away from me. Which is a fucker cause I'd be very up for helping.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

On the plus side, there is plenty on people interested in helping already.

Maybe there is the possibility of a team of us being set up for next season to help with it. There's myself, wwodb and BartonRaz with journalistic experience for starters and BR with his magazine/inDesign experience that would be really helpful. Possibly Laura as well, Alex?

Gill has done a hell of a job working on her own. Maybe this team idea could be successful with different people with different experiences
Noddy

Post by Noddy »

I edit the programme for our former Ladies team, and usually produce at 12 or 16 page issue for each game during the season. While I am quite prepared to work through the night and knock something together, there are a few problems which would need to be resolved.

I normally produce a print run of 30 (A5 size, black & white), which is not a problem but a larger print run would be extremely difficult for me. Collating, reducing and printing a sizeable number would be next to impossible. Also, having just completed out last home game, I do not have enough supply of the 160 g/m card I normally use and I would not be able to get enough supplies at this late stage.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I can only speak for Laura and I, but it's obviously an issue of time. If i was sitting on my arse all day doing nothing then i'd gladly do it, but ideally i'll have a job as of July time having finished University now.

Even on here alone there are enough of us to at least think about restarting a fanzine. Certainly plenty to talk about!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

I have access to a high speed Large Xerox Colour Laser Printer at our Office in London (and can get approval to use this), for which I would need to get a PDF master or similar. This can do collation, but not sure about the stapling/folding [I can check it's a xerox 7755 if I recall].

What's our usual print run? i.e how many copies would be needed.

We normally have plenty of paper, and spare toner kits.

Not sure what time the trains are tomorrow into London, but I usually leave early for work, so am happy to go in, if a PDF master is able to be generated. Hopefully I could be back b4 lunchtime to get the progs ready.

Have also txted a few other contacts who may be able to print, though not sure how quickly - and await response at this time.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:Were I by my Mac I could enlist the help of a few mates and knock something reasonably professional up on Quark, unfortunately my iMac is 100 miles away from me. Which is a fucker cause I'd be very up for helping.

As much use as a perforated condom then :roll:
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Just to update you all on the programme front.

We are burning the midnight oil to produce a "simple" programme that hopefully will be available at the game - there are still a few hurdles to overcome.

It will have some decent content, but won't be a glossy production.

At Steve Beasant's suggestion, this programme won't be sold for a specific price - instead it will be made available against donations made to the Dale Roberts Memorial Fund - so hopefully even those who aren't happy with what's on offer will be pleased to donate to that cause.

(P.S. anybody who normally moans about the volume of advertising in the programme should be pleasantly surprised ....)
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

And as an odd coincidence the first Programme came off the printer at exactly 3am [T-12 Hours] :-)
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Coming to a Programme Seller near you, at Nene Park today!

A Formic/Noddy Production
Printing by a Xerox 7775 @ Playfish London - nice and quick fortunately!
Price: A donation of your choice to the Dale Roberts Memorial Fund

As Tony mentioned above, per Steve Beasant's suggestion, all proceeds from the sale of today's programme will go to the Dale Roberts Memorial Fund.

Thanks also to the CEO Kristian at EA/Playfish (where I work), the cost of me printing this has been waived, so all monies collected are for the fund (this goes back a long way - but I did miss that Wrexham mega game a few seasons ago for Playfish, and suffered many text updates whilst I was not there, one of few games I have missed, so this is part payback for that :-) ) Kris happens to be in California this week so we were chatting earlier - evening his time.
Last edited by Dazzler on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Well done guys, a mighty impressive effort. Extra thanks to Kris who has ensured that all profits will go to Dale's memorial fund.

If a tangible example of what this Club means to the supporters were needed, this is surely it :D
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts