Alternative Programme ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Alternative Programme ?

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Amazing effort, well done.

These programmes are likely to be of interest to collectors. There was a thread on the programme collectors forum last night - so they will be aware.

I wouldn't want anyone running off with loads to sell for profit online. (I will be buying 5 but these are not to sell. Haha)

If someone could let me know how many left there are after the game, I will try to get some donations from them for the memorial fund. The club didn't Market the postponed home programme v Cambridge well enough IMO. Many collectors love postponed programmes and I must have sold 10/12 of these easy as anything. (I only charged £1 each - what I paid for them)

In what I do - with the family owned sports memorabilia company, as a sports journalist and a programme collector there are a lot of things that I can pick up from other clubs that we could hopefully take on board. Maybe we should try to get it popular - get school to design some covers - look at other clubs etc. For the standard of paper our programme is on it's definitely not worth £3. I've been to games at Altrincham and FC Utd this season who charge £2 and were good reads.

I wasn't able to go to today's game but have rearranged 3 things to be able to come now. WE NEVER DIE
CalversonDiamond

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Hats off to you guy's well done .. Such a great effort in such a short space of time, will definiatly be buying a programme or 2 !! Great jesture to give that money to Dale's fund to :D :D
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Absolutely fantastic effort guys, well done! :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

We finished all the folding, and stapling at around midday. 60 went off to the shop, and 300 are with me in Cabin awaiting Warren/Jane for the Programme Sellers. The rest are with Formic and Noddy in the Kimberley [We borrowed a table to finish that off earlier]. A few have gone for today's sponsors, and the boardroom also.

Tony just mentioned he's been asked to do a short interview with Radio Northampton I think he said, about the "Alternative Programme" :P Plus he had a slot on Radio Diamonds today as well anyway.

A total of 450 were printed plus 4 test ones, as outlined below.

I have the first 4 copies (not stapled) done after I got the master PDF and Word files from Tony, that he and Dave put together.

First was a print fail - as I got the binding edge wrong (short instead of long), and so it's all over the place.... then the first proper one I printed at 3am (T-12) - marked #1 03:00, and then 2 test ones that I enable a hairline page edge on, but decided not to use. After that came the 450 - batch of 50, then 4*100 batches.

Of course we have the master PDF so could print more - but officially 454 were done as the first print run.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Dazzler wrote:We finished all the folding, and stapling at around midday. 60 went off to the shop, and 300 are with me in Cabin awaiting Warren/Jane for the Programme Sellers. The rest are with Formic and Noddy in the Kimberley [We borrowed a table to finish that off earlier]. A few have gone for today's sponsors, and the boardroom also.

Tony just mentioned he's been asked to do a short interview with Radio Northampton I think he said, about the "Alternative Programme" :P Plus he had a slot on Radio Diamonds today as well anyway.

A total of 450 were printed plus 4 test ones, as outlined below.

I have the first 4 copies (not stapled) done after I got the master PDF and Word files from Tony, that he and Dave put together.

First was a print fail - as I got the binding edge wrong (short instead of long), and so it's all over the place.... then the first proper one I printed at 3am (T-12) - marked #1 03:00, and then 2 test ones that I enable a hairline page edge on, but decided not to use. After that came the 450 - batch of 50, then 4*100 batches.

Of course we have the master PDF so could print more - but officially 454 were done as the first print run.
I'd be interested in the print fails if you still have them and were just going to chuck them.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

This is absolutely fantastic.
BicesterDiamond

Post by BicesterDiamond »

great effort guys... how were the sales figures for the Dale Roberts memorial? :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Membership No 36
Harry

Post by Harry »

Great effort all round it has to be said.

I hope the sale figures were high, because the work put in defo deserved it!
Diamond down South.
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

BicesterDiamond wrote:great effort guys... how were the sales figures for the Dale Roberts memorial? :)
£900 was raised, i think thats what he said on the announcement
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

diamondal wrote:You are very clever people! I still have a problem changing channels on my TV, :cry: Well done all of you involved. A great effort!! :idea:
Whats a TV?
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.