Alternative Programme ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond Warrior

Re: Alternative Programme ?

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I had a look at a few programmes last night to see if we could maybe adopt aspects from them.

MK Dons did a smaller issue for their Johnstone's Paint Trophy match with Charlton in August. It was a 32 page issue and £2. From the programmes I've got, this is possibly the best option I've spotted so far.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

PigmanRDFC wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:Was gutted not to get one today. If by any chance there's any unsold or spare I'd love to donate for one, if not, it's my own fault for turning up at 2.59pm :lol: ;)

I got one and I wasn't even at the game (woohoo ;) ).

You ain't got it yet ;) :lol:
Auction? Ill offer £5 as a start price :lol: ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I see there's one on ebay already - here
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Formic wrote:I see there's one on ebay already - here
Reply from the seller:

Hi

I think most conference fans were very deeply saddened to hear what happened to Dale who was a very well respected keeper. I was very generous when i donated for the programmes i purchased but if they go well i will gladly donate further.

When we arrived yesterday we were not expecting a programme but were full of praise for the efforts of the persons involved in working a short miracle and what is vey good reading.

- russkhfc
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I was certainly impressed with the way the Kidderminster fans respected the presentation from Dale's parents - and they were generous with their applause for the Youth Team as well.
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

I too thought the response of the Kidderminster fans was first class. They always seem to have been a decent bunch and I can't remember any trouble with them, which is why I was surprised there were so many police in the ground which must have cost us a large amount. Surely it could have been left to our stewards in this situation.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Sid wrote:I too thought the response of the Kidderminster fans was first class. They always seem to have been a decent bunch and I can't remember any trouble with them, which is why I was surprised there were so many police in the ground which must have cost us a large amount. Surely it could have been left to our stewards in this situation.

You weren't at Aggborough that time when we were in a segregated end, and the Harriers fans threw all sorts of shit over the fence at us, including bottles and coins. Security did nothing.
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

No I wasn't aware of that, I've been there 2 or 3 times without any sign of a problem.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Red Dragon wrote:
Sid wrote:I too thought the response of the Kidderminster fans was first class. They always seem to have been a decent bunch and I can't remember any trouble with them, which is why I was surprised there were so many police in the ground which must have cost us a large amount. Surely it could have been left to our stewards in this situation.

You weren't at Aggborough that time when we were in a segregated end, and the Harriers fans threw all sorts of shit over the fence at us, including bottles and coins. Security did nothing.
In fairness to the genuine Kiddy supporters, I think the scum element at Aggborough that day were actually West Brom fans who occasionally go along for some of the bigger games with the sole intent of causing trouble.

We received prior warning for Monday's game that some of these idiots were likely to attend, hence the increased police presence, and why Strikers was initially only going to be open to home fans. I'm glad they did a U-turn, and as far as I'm aware there was no trouble this time around.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297