Time For Action

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Time For Action

Post by StaceyH »

Who is actually co-ordinating/leading this initiative? Who is our point of contact or the point of contact for Keith and the press?

There is lots of hard work being done, lots of great ideas being posted on here and I'm sure many more that aren't but they will all be in vain if it's not co-ordinated properly. Once we've raised the £250K, we still need to raise the remaining debt and then we need to run the Club as well - we can't do that running as we are right now.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Balloon Man

Post by Balloon Man »

2 Big initiatives are :-

1. Ring around previous season tky holders.
2. Get RDFC noticed nationally and market RDFC.

Sarah Jane ran with 2 and a group of us ran with 1.
Also Roger Knight and John Souster I believe went to the ET K*ttering office today to put something in the paper.
Problem is no one has stepped up to be the central co-ordinator on this - probably for 2 reasons.

1. They already have a lot "on their plate"
2. They've "been there and done that" and been slagged off despite giving up almost all of their free and unfree time.
So we have no cental boss just the Trust Board, Committees and The RDFC Supporters group trying to keep things rolling and stay in touch.
But if you think something needs to be done I would check with Warren Barber, John Souster or Cheryl Freeman to see if it's being done and how best to do it.
If no one else is doing it and it's "safe to do" I'd suggest having a go.
We all need to be proactive now and go out and do what we can - but please check first.
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well said Balloon man,i have today kept texting various TalkSport Shows and Chris Evans on Radio 2 on his 'dont forget to Do' bit at 9.25am.
I have emailed talk sport but no mention yet.
Has look east on the BBC been contacted to see if they will highlight our plight?
smiggy123

Post by smiggy123 »

dont know how it works but could a statement be relaesed highlighting the clubs position to the nationals , sky sports news 5live and any talksport even alan algur from blue square who has a column in the nlp and is on talksport on the weekend breakfast show.could the nlp release something to the big boys looks like us and wrexham in th same boat with only one paddle.but will they get more exposure :roll:
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

smiggy123 wrote:dont know how it works but could a statement be relaesed highlighting the clubs position to the nationals , sky sports news 5live and any talksport even alan algur from blue square who has a column in the nlp and is on talksport on the weekend breakfast show.could the nlp release something to the big boys looks like us and wrexham in th same boat with only one paddle.but will they get more exposure :roll:
They're one of the biggest clubs in Wales and are the oldest Welsh club*, so they're got a leg up on us in that respect. But I do agree that those avenues could be pursued. Have you tried to? I recommend that if you have an opportunity to do so, to follow through with your ideas.

*According to them.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

See the Sixfields thread for details of the Bucket Collection and another offer of support from the Cobblers.

http://www.thediamondsforum.co.uk/viewt ... f=2&t=3432
smiggy123

Post by smiggy123 »

have texted and emailed talksport on various shows over the last week but they don't seem to be interested. has'nt KC got his fingers in lot's of pies ,can't he use some contacts to gain maximum exposure regarding the fundraising 'instead of having a pop at those that have worked tiredously.WE ALL HAVE TO BE PULLING IN THE SAME DIRECTION
Balloon Man

Post by Balloon Man »

Has anyone got a current estimate of how much money we've collected so far ?