Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RiK2006

Re: Final Appeal for Fans to support Diamonds - ET article

Post by RiK2006 »

Talks of the merger in there, lets not forget that the Diamonds fans don't want it either! I'm hoping we can find new investors/owners this week and all the money raised can go to the smoother running of the club.
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Bugger, so this is it then, its over unless we get literally a miracle :cry:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

The merger is a red herring anyway and the ET keep plugging it as they fear both Clubs will be gone within the next year.

If anybody read the NLP interview with Sadact, Kettrin were not proposing a merger they were proposing taking over the use of Nene Park with R+D being bust and gone.

The 'Kettrin Diamonds' name was just to try and placate the locals of East Northants and hopefully placate Kettrin fans that Kettrin was the main team.

Also i wonder if under Conference or F.A rules they would no be able to use the name 'Kettrin Town' as this implies the team plays in Kettrin which it would of course not do so.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Olly wrote:Bugger, so this is it then, its over unless we get literally a miracle :cry:
Not over to the fat lady sings, the club may have to seek an Administration order to protect itself which does not mean its over by any means.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Biggles wrote:
Olly wrote:Bugger, so this is it then, its over unless we get literally a miracle :cry:
Not over to the fat lady sings, the club may have to seek an Administration order to protect itself which does not mean its over by any means.
I hope for that, but doesn't that mean we get automatically relegated 2 divisions, which in itself could spell the end of the club unless we figure something out regarding NP.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

No, admin means minus 10 points for next year, although I think as we have no assets it won't stay in admin long!
I think it needs someone to take over with some deep pockets, Clearly the debts incurred are way too much and anyone thinking about taking over wouldn't want them anyway.
It's been a great effort by the real fans, clearly the local community as a whole are not that fussed, what it does show is that a Phoenix club is very much a possibility and probably more manageable!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Biggles wrote: Also i wonder if under Conference or F.A rules they would no be able to use the name 'Kettrin Town' as this implies the team plays in Kettrin which it would of course not do so.
We don't play in Rushden though..?
Harry

Post by Harry »

Diamond Warrior wrote:
Biggles wrote: Also i wonder if under Conference or F.A rules they would no be able to use the name 'Kettrin Town' as this implies the team plays in Kettrin which it would of course not do so.
We don't play in Rushden though..?
We're not called Rushden Town though. ;)
Diamond down South.
arealdiamondgeezer

Post by arealdiamondgeezer »

one thing i have noticed and i could be totally wrong here but with all this press from the ET there hasnt been a interview or comments from max , would like to know how he feels about it all and wondering if he can possible could help us out with a loan and pay it back over 5-10 years?
"When I whet my flashing sword and my hand takes hold in judgment, I shall take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me"