EXPELLED....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
RDFC4ever

Re: EXPELLED....

Post by RDFC4ever »

Dont forget we have a court case yet so we still dont know if we can still trade as RDFC, no ground no money for players we cannot start looking to the future yet
Diamond Dan

Post by Diamond Dan »

RiK2006 wrote:An absolute shambles. The more silence I see the more I think this is what was wanted all along anyway.
That's incredibly cynical Rick, I thought you were the optimistic one!

It probably isn't the best time for conspiracy theories but you do have to wonder if there has been some sort of end game all along.

Stortford in the North is ludicrous, how are they supposed to cope with all those trips financially.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I can see why we've been expelled and have expected it since the Hoddle deal fell through, there simply wasn't time to sort anything else out - still gutted and feel sick to the pit of my stomach though :(

I'll publicly state that my pledge of £300 for my season ticket still stands, I'll pay that even if we're playing in the Zamaretto Premier or even if a phoenix club is formed - I hope others do the same to give us a flying start and to show any potential new owners (who may back out now we're not a BSP side) that we care about the club and want to get it back where it belongs as quickly as possible.

The hurdle now is the winding up orders on Monday, can we stave that off? KC was reported as saying he/his partners will stand collateral for the potential new owners, so will he pay off the taxman providing they still want us?

2 years, with a bit of backing, we could be back - just trying to be optimistic here. If our BSP place was what they wanted then we're stuffed. If they can see the potential to get us back it could be exciting times again.........ever the optimist here :)

I feel as gutted as everyone else and am now going to have a potter about in my garden, then sit in the sunshine and drink a cold beer - could be what I'm doing a lot on Saturday afternoons from now on eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
RiK2006

Post by RiK2006 »

Now breaking on sky sports news
There's only one Dale Roberts, one Dales Roberts, there's only one Dale ROBERTS! R.I.P
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Doesn't matter how inevitable something is, we knew it would happen, but it still hurts. Any league would be great at this stage, so if we were to play in the Zamaretto, it would be the best outcome of all this but I expect this is just another nail in the coffin with the club being wound up the final nail in the coffin, even if we can survive to play next season, without heavy backing we're only going to be delaying the inevitable with crowds of 400-500 every week.

Finally trending on twitter, knew it would take this or the end of the club to do it though.
Last edited by Olly on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
markAFCW

Post by markAFCW »

Gutted for you- don't know the full ins and outs of it all, but you lot must feel as bad as we did in May 2002.

Perhaps you can take a little bit of solace in the fact that we are back where we should be only nine years later. It takes a hell of a lot of work, but it is a hell of a lot of fun too.

Best of luck from AFC Wimbledon.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Thanks MarkAFCW, the difference is you had a few thousand fans behind you, we have less that 1000 !!! Appreciate your comments though, but we're all realistic about the future - good luck in the Football League, jealous as hell !!
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Integrity and Conference Board uttered in the same sentence, I've seen it all now :lol:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

At least they didn't use their "for the good of the game" line this time ....