I fail to understand...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Downsie53

I fail to understand...

Post by Downsie53 »

Why on earth the vast majority of you were totally against a merger with KTFC.

Would you honestly rather have no club than a joint club with decent prospects?

As things stand, there is going to be absolutely no 'Rushden & Diamonds connections' involved in football next season. However, when a solution was thrown into the mix in the case of a merger with K*ttering, everyone turned their nose up and refused. WHY?!?!

A merged club (East Northants Utd/ K*ttering Diamonds/ Nene Valley FC) would have far greater prospects than either individual club, an (eventually) increased fan base, fantastic ground, increase revenue and sponsorship, media coverage and actractiveness to prospective players. IMO, such a club would be in the football league within 3 seasons.

I just simply cannot understand the single minded stubborness of some of you, and hope you enjoy sitting at home with the Mrs on a Saturday afternoon with nothing to do, no football to watch and an edgy uncomfortable feeling that your stupidity was one of the factors contributing to that.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
mac

Re: I fail to understand...

Post by mac »

agree 100% ,and not sure any other option has a chance of working
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Spoke to you about this Downsie, and you know I agree.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
smiggy123

Post by smiggy123 »

I have to agree,alot need to wake up and smell the coffee because as it stands at the min if the rumours are right you are going to have JE as manager and half of the diamonds squad together with half the K*ttering squad well whats left of both and they are going to be playing at NP this by the sound of it has been a done/prefered deal .So as i see it the onl.y difference will be in the name of the club,then it's all down to choice, you are bound to have a core of hardnosed stubborn supporters of both clubs that will be against it,but then that is their choice and they will vote with their feet.It is the only way both clubs and the area can sustain football at this level and i think the money men can see it and we are left with a take it or leave it ,i think you will be surprised how many will take it as most just want to see a game of football on a saturday and are not concerned with all the bumf that goes with it as the evidence has proved when it came to the fundraising efforts it's only the hardcore ...well thats how i see it anyway ,iam sure people will disagree thats the idea of a forum
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

If you take our 1000 fans ketterings 1000 fans, and asked everyone of them about the merger, I bet there wouldn't be that many in the big scheme of things that are against it, maybe 10% ???

Some people are always stuck in their ways and just don't get it. Its such a shame a small "vocal" set of fans from both sides have impacted the merger decision, as if not we may (K*ttering and RD) be looking at a brighter future together instead of both of us stareing down the barrel.

I have always thought of a merger, even including Northampton in this, and becoming Nene United/northants United etc is the only way the northants teams could progress.

I can guarentee, the merger team if doing well would appeal to the wider public, and they woudn't give two hoots about the merger, who the teams was once etc. Eg how many of the 4k regualars we used to get even knew about Rushden or Diamonds before they started watching.

Ps, Downsie, well done for having the courage to speak up on this partisian forum, much kudos :)
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Downsie53 wrote:Why on earth the vast majority of you were totally against a merger with KTFC.
Would you honestly rather have no club than a joint club with decent prospects?
As things stand, there is going to be absolutely no 'Rushden & Diamonds connections' involved in football next season. However, when a solution was thrown into the mix in the case of a merger with K*ttering, everyone turned their nose up and refused. WHY?!?!
A merged club (East Northants Utd/ K*ttering Diamonds/ Nene Valley FC) would have far greater prospects than either individual club, an (eventually) increased fan base, fantastic ground, increase revenue and sponsorship, media coverage and actractiveness to prospective players. IMO, such a club would be in the football league within 3 seasons.
I just simply cannot understand the single minded stubborness of some of you, and hope you enjoy sitting at home with the Mrs on a Saturday afternoon with nothing to do, no football to watch and an edgy uncomfortable feeling that your stupidity was one of the factors contributing to that.
There was a club there last season (ours) that no one supported in great numbers, what makes you think they'll support this new one? Prospects ? Fanbase ? (where did those 3000 go that used to come to NP?) Do you honestly believe that people will come from K*ttering in their vast numbers? Sorry, I don't see it happening, save for a huge investment a la Max Griggs, and even then I have my doubts.
There's no need to be abusive, people have a choice based upon their own beliefs - it doesn't make them stupid (just different)
AFC R & D member number 34
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

I completely disagree - share a stand with K*ttering fans and be in the league or go bust and start again watching UCL football -

UCL football please!

Rushden and Diamonds is my club, I'm not joining hands with the 6-fingered bunch up the road for any price! It's not all about winning and success, it being part of a community club you can be proud of, not lumping it all in for some success.
Member Number: 21
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Everyweeker wrote:I completely disagree - share a stand with K*ttering fans and be in the league or go bust and start again watching UCL football -

UCL football please!

Rushden and Diamonds is my club, I'm not joining hands with the 6-fingered bunch up the road for any price!
Thats the point they want be K*ttering fans will they, they will be what ever the club is called fans. If you didn't like it, then why would you want the club to go bust, surley you could just go to watch Rushden and Higham.
Two of Diamonds wrote:Do you honestly believe that people will come from K*ttering in their vast numbers?
[/quote]

We will never know now :(
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 4 times

Post by Everyweeker »

ron manager wrote:
Everyweeker wrote:I completely disagree - share a stand with K*ttering fans and be in the league or go bust and start again watching UCL football -

UCL football please!

Rushden and Diamonds is my club, I'm not joining hands with the 6-fingered bunch up the road for any price!
Thats the point they want be K*ttering fans will they, they will be what ever the club is called fans. If you didn't like it, then why would you want the club to go bust, surley you could just go to watch Rushden and Higham.

You cant just rewrite history though - I completely respect and understand the argument made by others on this thread, but I couldn't do it. It would be a new club by your argument, and by definition, not mine. Not that I wouldn't wish it well in the end, but it would be the end of my dream.
Member Number: 21
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Whilst it would make a commercial sense to both clubs to merge, unfortunately, if it took place in the foreseeable future then the new merged club would have to start in the ZPL.