NLP: Kick out the clowns!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

NLP: Kick out the clowns!

Post by Dazzler »

Front page: "Kick out the clowns! Edinburgh demands screening shake-up."

A couple of articles including an interesting double page big interview with Justin "I've had a hell of a year, but my time will come."

Plus a self-penned guest column article by Ladak - " It must be Nene - Moving to Nene is a no-brained!"

Front page article has a few more quotes from Steve Beasant as well.

NLP is £1.50 from your local newsagent.
Dinky Diamond

Re: NLP: Kick out the clowns!

Post by Dinky Diamond »

absolutely agree, previous owner had a duty of care to install and sell to a competent buyer,worthy of the club/fans and with financial backing, people do it every day in all sorts of businesses and I would have thought KC has done ok previously, if he had not sold to our existing owners then I suggest we may still be trading albeit on the breadline, creditors may have still been grumpy but if they were patient a deal/payment would have been forthcoming because KC payed his bills.

The current owners obviously are out of their depth, fans have never/will never warm to them - it is shocking how they have behaved and gone missing - any news has had to be teased out of them.

I have never experienced the destructiopn of a club/team/fanbase as has gone on and Justinns words need to be heeded by conderence & football league.

Premier/Championship clubs do not look after lower leagues enough and the debt we are talking about (if we can beleive this) is a drop in the ocean to these clubs - a contingency fund should be set up to support teams who get rolled over and mugged like we have been!

Good luck Justin!
southfields

Post by southfields »

I think Justin has got it spot on !

Some clubs in the BSP are 'fortunate' to have a well heeled supporters prepared to unload themselves of some of their fortunes in pursuit of the holy grail of the Football League (didnt R&D have one of them at one time?), others less fortunate go in search any old 'Walter Mitty' style character or far eastern consortium with little regard to 'due diligence'

As regards the Beasants the situation seems quite straightforward, either they bought into a club that was 'debt-free' and managed to bankrupt it within 6 months, or they were mislead into believing the club was 'debt-free'! Either way the term 'clown' seems to be appropriate to these characters!

Also it seems incredible that KC would sell out to a consortium that can have the terms 'Bankrupt' and 'Weymouth FC' on their CV's, so probably he too should be slapping on the greasepaint and attaching the squirty buttonhole
Last edited by southfields on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'd urge anyone that hasn't seen the NLP today to go out and buy it. A very interesting read. Justin is clearly livid with the Beasants.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
easystreet

Post by easystreet »

Struggle to get NLP can anyone scan it and put it on here for us to read
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Anyone fancy typing it out please? :D
Dinky Diamond

Post by Dinky Diamond »

I am livid too, I feel we have been too nice to them, I dont particularly want to see them but they have just not engaged with us, they are not sharing in the pain, KC I feel is deeply embarrassed and so he should be!

The alarm bells were there for all to see and we did not read them, I heard it from KC at the first forum that Beasants would go tomorrow if it was in the interest of the club - so why weeks on are they still here (well somwhere)

We have been taken for long ride off a short pier and we are now stuffed!, I dont hold with a conspiracy theory just bad sale, dreadful management and I just feel we are not being told the truth.

KC tells us club sold with no debt, Beasants say this is not the case but now they are joint working on a Japanese consortium and a conference expulsion appeal, it does not add up!

If this was agenuine Foul Up by KC he needcs to hold his hands up tell all he was sold apup and sort it out, I think he owes that much after the killing he has made on the ground!

Well said gaffer!
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well said justin,sums up the year well and the stuation we are in,even he took in what SB & LB promised,like a whole lot of other people.
In ladacks column he says going to Nene Park is a no brainer!
SB reckons the Conference were out to get us !
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

Dinky Diamond wrote:KC tells us club sold with no debt, Beasants say this is not the case but now they are joint working on a Japanese consortium and a conference expulsion appeal, it does not add up!
Selling the club with “no debt” is not the same as saying it was a going concern. No debt means that assets = liabilities. Insolvent means that debts can not be paid as they fall due i.e. it is about having the cash available. If debts become due before the cash is available from the assets then any business will get into big problems. I suspect that the Beasants quickly found there was no cash to pay for a mountain of accrued debt and things quickly went downhill from there.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I think what KC was saying was that on the cashflow front, outgoings were more than matched by incomings (including the debt to HMRC it was stated) and that made the club solvent. Fixed assets as in bricks and mortar, computers, gym equipment, etc, are usually written off over a period of time anyway. We had players on contract who might be considered assets yet the club made no move to tie them up and cash in on them, they should (IMO) have been the first to get paid in order to sell them on. The club even released Jamie Day for free to go to a big money team.
AFC R & D member number 34