SAT 16th: Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Mtg!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

SAT 16th: Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Mtg!

Post by Dazzler »

See as many of you there that can make it as possible! Should be an interesting day.

Full Minutes are being taken of the formal meeting later for those that cannot attend, and these should hopefully be posted early next week - hopefully Monday.

[ :-) Note: No AFC Diamond Burger sampling/tasting is available at this event...still there is a McDonalds just around the corner]

And to encourage you out...it's really sunny in Raunds at the moment - bring your Suntan lotion Pigman.
[ Note: The above statement may not be true ]
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: TODAY! Raunds Town FC from 10am(trials), 12pm Fans Meeting!

Post by The Godfather »

Dazzler wrote: [ :-) Note: No AFC Diamond Burger sampling/tasting is available at this event...still there is a McDonalds just around the corner]
I'm not coming. :(
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Voted in by the fans at today's meeting ;-

Home ground preferred for next season as a youth set-up ;- RAUNDS TOWN FC
Home kit - WHITE
Away Kit - YELLOW

(no design available yet, I'm hoping for the pinstripe one)
AFC R & D member number 34
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Another excellent meeting and I'm happy with the decisions voted for by the fans, as we saw today Raunds Town is a very decent ground with some good facilities and will be a nice place for the youth and hopefully the senior team to play.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Voted in by the fans at today's meeting ;-

Home kit - WHITE
Away Kit - YELLOW

Working up in machester, so can't come to any initial meetings...but so far, so good, happy with all of that...just hope we use Matt's logo now! :)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Few points from the meeting that I can remember (though obviously the minutes will be up on saverdfc at some point)

- We've had interest but no definite interest in the position of acting chairman.
- We're looking at a yearly subscription fee for one share in the club, they haven't decided on the cost, although they're looking at something between £10 and £52 at the moment.
- Steve Whitney mentioned how we've had a lot of interest on his site (pitchero).
- The vote on the ground was unanimous, as Rushden & Higham and one of the Wellingboroughs had the downside of already having an under 18 team playing on their pitches, therefore the league advised us against those 2 grounds.
- An acting committee has been formed but they are still looking for volunteers.
- The youth team will be in the west division of the Northants Senior Youth League, fixtures out at the end of this week and the league starts in the week of 22nd August.
- Nike have offered free boots for the youth team.
- Think it was mentioned that we'd have a vote on the admission fee for the youth team this season and there would probably be a vote on the badge at the next meeting of which the date is undecided at the moment.
- And obviously they're looking to the fans for the marketing and sales of the club, so we need to keep spreading the word.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Two of Diamonds wrote:Voted in by the fans at today's meeting ;-

Home kit - WHITE
Away Kit - YELLOW

Totally agree with the Pin stripe shirt suggestion.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

Have to say that I am staggered at the amount of work that has gone on in a very short space of the time. The acting committee (but not including myself as I haven't actually done much yet!) deserve a huge pat on the back for all the work they have done so far...thanks guys :D
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

Diamondsforever wrote:Have to say that I am staggered at the amount of work that has gone on in a very short space of the time. The acting committee (but not including myself as I haven't actually done much yet!) deserve a huge pat on the back for all the work they have done so far...thanks guys :D

Again totally agree, some sterling work is being done, mostly unnoticed.
keep up the good work guys, and if you need any helping hands, count me in 8-)
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

Diamondsforever wrote:Have to say that I am staggered at the amount of work that has gone on in a very short space of the time. The acting committee (but not including myself as I haven't actually done much yet!) deserve a huge pat on the back for all the work they have done so far...thanks guys :D
You must have been thinking along the same lines as me D4E.

Yes a big thank to all the people who have put in the hard work to get AFC R&D where it is now, although this is the very beginning much more work and commitment is going to be needed along the way. The road may be long that lies ahead and I'm sure it will become a little bumpy at times but myself with along with many others are right behind you. Once again thank you to all concerned.