Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Biggles »

I know we thought the wole thing was farcial, it has now turned into a real farce that would not have been out of place on the Benny Hill Show, players driving around Cambridgeshire tracking down the missing Owners who promised a meeting and are now on the run.

Cue the Benny Hill Music.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

I genuinely feel sorry for the players (except Laurie Walker who should have known better after last season) for what they've been put through.
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

Looks like the shit is going to hit the fan, no team for Saturday?

Ben Gerring ‏@BenGerring
@loveyaleeds thats me done mate I live to far away to carry on living like this.

Ben Gerring ‏@BenGerring
Only advice I can give is get behind Richie and get sausage rolls n imraan out! Wish you all the very best
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Biggles wrote: Cue the Benny Hill Music.
Yes, I can see it now, HT in a bikini being chased by Ladak and Rolls, closely followed by Cousins waving a lease, followed by angry players waving contracts, followed by a mass of angry creditors waving a CVA, followed by the taxman all running in circles around a bewildered looking group of poppies who are sat on their arses watching.

P.S I apologise for any mental or physical damage caused to readers by the mention of HT in a bikini.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

luckyfour wrote:
Biggles wrote: Cue the Benny Hill Music.
Yes, I can see it now, HT in a bikini being chased by Ladak and Rolls, closely followed by Cousins waving a lease, followed by angry players waving contracts, followed by a mass of angry creditors waving a CVA, followed by the taxman all running in circles around a bewildered looking group of poppies who are sat on their arses watching.

P.S I apologise for any mental or physical damage caused to readers by the mention of HT in a bikini.
That would be a pretty funny sketch actually, apart from Dolly The Sheep in a bikini!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

I think the saddest thing about the whole thing is the lack of coverage by the ET, it was the same when we died, where is the journalism; Jon Dunham wrote a piece on Saturday and mentioned an incident in the tunnel but never went into any details.

I haven't read anything in the last two years about the Diamonds of Poppies which either wasn't a match report or a press release rehashed into a story.

Where is the in-dpeth stone turning journalism, its missing from this part of East Northants.

What have the ET got to lose, if they get banned from Nene Park what is the loss?
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Dunham scared of the Essex Mafia? He who shall not be named wouldn't mind making loud journalists sleep with the fishes, I bet!
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

More scared of the Injuctions and threat of Legal action so nowdays local rags just cut and paste other media feeds or press releases.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

140 years of history or not, how any Poppies fan can turn up and feel any pride in his club now is beyond me. Their tenuous attempt to cling on to an institution long since past it's sell by date has made them a laughing stock and is now impacting on the livelihoods and careers of the players they claim to support. They really should be looking inwardly and taking the tough decision to get out of this farce.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Nothing to do with being scared, I can tell you first hand working with JPress titles simply do not have the staff.

Most of the sports stuff will be rehashed releases from clubs/leagues by a trainee or the few sports journos they may have who have so much to turn around themselves that they are basically chained to their desk.

The modern era of journalism means you get far less news far quicker. No one has the staff anymore to cover enough of the news. The agency I work for at the moment covers the entire midlands (east and west) with three reporters.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter