Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Stalin

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Stalin »

Good old Poppies, they seem to think talking about Ben Gerring's fuel consumption is more important then what happened today.

But they again, they seem intent on letting their club die without doing anything other than throwing their money into the black hole of Nene Park so I'm not surprised they don't seem to bothered about what happened.
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

Posted on Ploppynet;

"What goes around comes around....those responsible for the plight of KTFC will get their comeuppance at some stage,and how we'll laugh."

Touché; and for willingly colluding with Cousins by giving him a ready made tennant allowing for him to see out the collapse of our club we are now laughing at you getting your comeuppance.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

http://ketteringfc.freeforums.org/kette ... s-t77.html

Some of them are starting to "get the picture".
AFC R & D member number 34
paulk

Post by paulk »

Stalin wrote:The club is a joke, their fans are a joke.

I bet there will be fans on the PoppyNet saying they will still go, they will still give Ladak their money, nobody will do anything, everyone is just sitting back and letting the club suffer a long slow painful death.

They could have done something by now, they could have all joined forces and hit Ladak in the pocket and withdraw their support but they still turn up, the deserve everything they get.

The club is on its last legs and nobody is on PoppyNet talking about it this morning.

They talk about 140 years of history but what does that get you at the end of the day, nothing, all their history as left them with are fans fighting amongst themselves to prove who is the biggest fan and who will stay with the club.

Its safe to say if we had the same mentality as the K*ttering fans there would be no AFC Diamonds, we might not have been 140 years old but by god we got off our arses and did something about it.

They deserve everything coming their way. :lol: :lol:
Not strictly true bud. There is a hard work going on with a fans club now. As for ktfc its a sad situation i really dont know what to say about it anymore.
paulk

Post by paulk »

Everyweeker wrote:Seems the meeting is cancelled according to Ben Gerring.

I genuinely feel sympathy now, they are messing with people's lives. It is shameful. Anyone who gives another penny to IL now must be an absolute nut job (especially with KFC on the scene).
Shameful is the word bud.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

paulk wrote: Shameful is the word bud.
They should have turned up at Rolls house in Cherry Hinton, Paul. ;)
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I think most of us wish KFC well Paul, I know I do, they have an aim to get their club back into their town and have effectively taken back control from people who many feel have let them down - that has to be applauded. As can be seen from their messageboard, they're beginning to understand what we went through last year and how refreshing it is to be doing something positive, as well as how enjoyable football can be again. I feel like a reborn football fan to be honest.

I'll be sorry to see KTFC go under (as surely they must do? Only a miracle can see them survive now) as they are our rivals and I've always enjoyed our clashes (mainly because we almost always won ;) ), but after the way many of your fans celebrated I can understand why some of ours feel as they do, there were just a few (yourself included) who showed a bit of class and realised what a dreadful thing it was.

I do wonder if we'd been put through what Ploppy fans have if history might not have been different, we may well have limped on as you have. As it was, having Ladick salavating in the sidelines, KC had a ready made tenant and we were simply discarded.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
paulk

Post by paulk »

Trek wrote:
paulk wrote: Shameful is the word bud.
They should have turned up at Rolls house in Cherry Hinton, Paul. ;)
:) weird thing is (or scary) depending on your point of view all this seems quite normal now.
paulk

Post by paulk »

Pigman wrote:I think most of us wish KFC well Paul, I know I do, they have an aim to get their club back into their town and have effectively taken back control from people who many feel have let them down - that has to be applauded. As can be seen from their messageboard, they're beginning to understand what we went through last year and how refreshing it is to be doing something positive, as well as how enjoyable football can be again. I feel like a reborn football fan to be honest.

I'll be sorry to see KTFC go under (as surely they must do? Only a miracle can see them survive now) as they are our rivals and I've always enjoyed our clashes (mainly because we almost always won ;) ), but after the way many of your fans celebrated I can understand why some of ours feel as they do, there were just a few (yourself included) who showed a bit of class and realised what a dreadful thing it was.

I do wonder if we'd been put through what Ploppy fans have if history might not have been different, we may well have limped on as you have. As it was, having Ladick salavating in the sidelines, KC had a ready made tenant and we were simply discarded.
First paragraph is right. Just nice to try be able to have a bit of direction and know we cant have a ladak/rolls scenario. The journey both diamonds and K*ttering have been on over last 18 months makes you understand more then ever that football is nothing without -the fans. I hope whatever happens all feel comforable in a few years when they look in the mirror.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I know we will Paul............in a funny way, it was probably the best thing that happened to us as fans. We are now in control of our own destiny, we have communication, we have accountability, we have OUR club, The FANS club, not a plaything of some rich benefactor 8-)