Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Olly »

Sara Pascoe wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:I see they're a little obsessed with what we post as well (and a little insecure about AFC existing! ;) ). I think it would be better to move these K*ttering topics to the Pub or at least have a single topic.
This please! Of course everyone's curious to see what happens but surely we can just keep it in one topic, possibly in the Off Topic section?
Agreed, one thing they have got right on that thread is that we do seem a bit obsessed with them and we seem to be opening a new thread every time they lose or have a poor attendance, obviously we all like both of these very much but its a bit sad making a thread every time it happens so a single K*ttering thread would be best.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:So am I to assume the alleged conference ruling of single price point around the ground either does not apply this year in all areas of a ground or was that more smoke and bullshit mirrors foisted on us by the inept triplet last year?
There's no mention that the reduced prices only refer to the terrace so we can presume that pay on the day stand tickets and away fans will only pay these prices in line with the Conference's directive.
They will need bumper crowds for this gamble to be successful.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Olly wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:I see they're a little obsessed with what we post as well (and a little insecure about AFC existing! ;) ). I think it would be better to move these K*ttering topics to the Pub or at least have a single topic.
This please! Of course everyone's curious to see what happens but surely we can just keep it in one topic, possibly in the Off Topic section?
Agreed, one thing they have got right on that thread is that we do seem a bit obsessed with them and we seem to be opening a new thread every time they lose or have a poor attendance, obviously we all like both of these very much but its a bit sad making a thread every time it happens so a single K*ttering thread would be best.
I don't think we're obsessed with them, not one bit, just interested - they're our nearest rivals and took over our ground, and some of us do blame their Chairman in part for our demise, so there is a natural interest, but in no way obsessed !!

I agree about Ploppy threads possibly being on the Off Topic board and apologise for starting this one off here, but I don't tend to even look at the other boards and only look on here - I'll try harder in future, maybe Mods can move them if I forget - my posting habits tend to be in a blitz when I get the chance so I may forget :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Don't know if this has been mentioned but they have just given 1000 tickets to the secondary school I go to in the local area, luckily most people weren't interested and I mentioned that they could go and watch some real quality at Kiln Park instead.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
smartfootball

Post by smartfootball »

i can see afc K*ttering next year playing on local school playing field
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I will say this about Ladick - he's thrown himself into this really well and in the short space of time he's been there he's done more than Cousins did in ALL his time at NP ........well, he was hardly there was he? :roll:

I still don't see the Maths working out for them, but I'll give the guy credit for giving it a real go - I'll still chuckle if it all goes tits up though ;)

However, I think this might get a few more waiverers throught the gates, but will it be enough? £10 didn't pack them into RR did it? But they have got a far more superior stadium now.........you know, the plastic palace they called it ;) - time will tell I guess !
BARTONRED

Post by BARTONRED »

oliv272 wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned but they have just given 1000 tickets to the secondary school I go to in the local area, luckily most people weren't interested and I mentioned that they could go and watch some real quality at Kiln Park instead.
Raunds Town?
davealbon
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

BARTONRED wrote:
oliv272 wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned but they have just given 1000 tickets to the secondary school I go to in the local area, luckily most people weren't interested and I mentioned that they could go and watch some real quality at Kiln Park instead.
Raunds Town?
We were thinking AFC Rushden & Diamonds actually, but yeah, watching Raunds is still far more appealing than watching that shower you support in that plastic lego land stadium you play in.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BARTONRED

Post by BARTONRED »

Chomp!! Now where's my keep net?
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

BARTONRED wrote:Chomp!! Now where's my keep net?
Thats not a chomp, thats not even a nibble ! :D